vbac friendly ob in MA that delivers at Milford Hospital? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-08-2013, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm possibly looking for a new ob (I'm 38w1d today). I love my ob - I've been with her through a few pregnancies (good & bad), but my last appointment made me question just how vbac friendly she actually was. We've seemed to be on the same page, but something just felt off last week when she mentioned that she doesn't induce at all for vbacs (originally we'd discussed a *possible* gentle induction at 41-ish weeks), and that ideally I'll go into labor this week to "keep him smaller"

my 1st was a vaginal delivery at 40w1d (water broke on due date) - spontaneous shoulder dystocia delivery after 3 solid hours of pushing, 9lb1.5oz21"
my 2nd was an elective c/s delivery at 39w2d due to estimated weight coupled with her known health issues. She was estimated at 9lbs12oz and was 8lbs8.8oz - she's got heterotaxy, had/has several heart defects b/c of it (open heart surgery at 9.5mo), an intestinal malrotation (discovered after delivery, but something we knew we had to look for since it's typical in heterotaxy patients - Ladd's procedure at 5w)

currently #3 is expected to be in the 9lb area his sisters were.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Welcome smbd and congratulations on your pregnancy! Have you joined your Due Date Club? You can chat with other moms due the same month as you and share your pregnancy and birth experience with them to get support and some great online friendship! Check it out here: http://www.mothering.com/community/groups

User Tag List