Moving to Bristol, CT area and need resources! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-13-2014, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all!
Dh and I are relocating to the Bristol, CT area at the beginning of April- moving from RI. We are searching for a no-vax friendly pediatrician or family physician, dentist for all of us and like-minded families to meet! DS will be 4 next month and DD is 6 months old. We plan to homeschool, as well. Anyone have info that can help us?

femalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gif crafty Mama to Maxwell, born April 5, 2010 and partner & best friend to Dan <3

#2 of 6 Old 03-13-2014, 07:07 PM

Hi and welcome to CT!  Are you familiar with the area at all?  I wish I could give you better specifics, but you will likely be able to find the kind of ped you are looking for in the West Hartford area, which will not be too far for you.  

There's lots to do for littles here!  CT Science Center, Dinosaur State Park, Lutz Museum, West Hartford parks, KidCity....lots of fun stuff :)

#3 of 6 Old 03-17-2014, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! No, the area is totally new to me!

femalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gif crafty Mama to Maxwell, born April 5, 2010 and partner & best friend to Dan <3

#4 of 6 Old 03-17-2014, 09:50 AM

I'm not sure if this helps, but this is the practice we use for Occupational Therapy.  One of the providers in the practice is a naturopath physician.  We don't see her ourselves, but I have heard good feedback from other patients.  

http://www.kidspaceadaptiveplay.com/

Also, a great resource for parent/kid activities in central CT is Out and About Mom.  http://www.outandaboutmom.com/

They have a website and a great FB page.

You might try to find a MOMS International Club in Bristol or nearby.  That's the first thing I joined when I moved back to CT and it has been a great resource.  

#5 of 6 Old 04-24-2014, 11:40 AM

If you are on facebook you can join the Central CT Babywearers group (If you babywear) or CT Crunchy Families.  Those are great ways to connect with local families ;)

#6 of 6 Old 04-25-2014, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

There's a ped in Canton (Canton Pediatrics maybe?) who's vax friendly as far as selective/delayed and they do have a doc they work with who is ok with non-vax as well.  Bit of a drive so depends how badly you want a pediatrician who's ok with non-vax, otherwise maybe an ND would be a better option.  Lots of them all over CT, we use Dr Gruber at Kidspace in S Windsor, another drive, but great place.  We're dentist searching ourselves at the moment!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page