RI Midwives: Women's Care or Ob/Gyn Associates? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-11-2014, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RI Midwives: Women's Care or Ob/Gyn Associates?

Hi ladies,

I'm considering Women & Infants in RI for my next pregnancy. I think I've narrowed it down to these two practices.

I had a c-section with my daughter almost two years ago and really want to try for a VBAC and no epidural this time. I’d definitely prefer a midwife vs. an OB and someone who fully-supports natural childbirth.

I’m hoping to avoid being induced and/or any use of pitocin and would essentially like to stay away from any and all interventions if possible. I’d also like someone who welcomes a doula, hypnobirthing, etc.

I’ve heard mixed things about W&I in general, but I do like the fact that they now offer the, “Gentle Cesarean” if needed. I also read great things about Dr. Morton at Memorial. However, I worry about him not being available and having to go with one of his partners. It looks like there are no midwives at Memorial

Any feedback regarding Women’s Care vs. Ob/Gyn Associates would be SO helpful. I’d just like someone more holistic this time and someone who will really support my goal of having a VBAC.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 11:51 AM

Hello,

I just had a VBAC with Women's Care at Women & Infants and it was awesome. My midwife was Katie Parsons and I love her. WC success rates for VBAC are close to 80% and they will do everything in their power to help get you there. I never saw a doctor while there and Katie & her assistant let me go in the shower and would have helped me in the bath if there had been enough time though you could tell the labor nurses weren't too thrilled with it since I had to be on constant monitoring (so annoying!). I went to the East Greenwich office and liked all the midwifes I saw there. I also had a doula and they were perfectly happy to work with her. Best of luck!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much and congratulations! I really appreciate the info. I was leaning toward Women's Care, so this definitely helps I didn't see Katie Parsons listed on their website under Clinicians. Maybe she's not up there yet. I will likely have to go with one of the midwives in Woonsocket or Pawtucket, due to my location, but I will definitely keep Katie in mind.

Thanks again and enjoy your little one!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:55 AM

Thanks!
She's new to the practice-not sure why she's not listed on the main page but she's here (link below). She's not at the East Greenwich office and I can't remember where she sees patients. I also saw Fiona & Cindy and love them too!

http://www.womenandinfants.org/physi...71DBB5517ECA65
Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Wonderful! Thank you so much for all the info; I really appreciate it. Wishing you all the best
Old 09-19-2014, 05:22 PM

another plug for WC

Hope it's not too late, but just wanted to say that I had a great no-intervention birth (although not a VBAC) w Women's Care (at the W&I ABC). They were very supportive in respecting my decisions.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTProvi View Post
Hope it's not too late, but just wanted to say that I had a great no-intervention birth (although not a VBAC) w Women's Care (at the W&I ABC). They were very supportive in respecting my decisions.
Thank you so much, KTProvi! That really helps

User Tag List