Mothering Forum banner

Legal ramifications in MA switching from Religious Exemption to "fully vaccinated"?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mumm 
#1 ·
Legal ramifications in MA switching from Religious Exemption to "fully vaccinated"?

We've had a religious exemption for 6 years in Massachusetts, while we were doing our delayed schedule. We have finally caught up on what is needed for school. My children will both be moving to a new school next fall, still in Mass, though I know their records follow them. The most recent Religious Exemption letter I submitted was this year. I have always just "whited out" the vaccines we had when submitting the Physical Form to the school.

Now that we are caught up, can I just send in our physical form, and hope they just take it, no questions asked? Do they care that I've essentially been lying for 6 years? Are there legal ramifications... mostly I'm asking has anyone here done this before?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Let me see if I have the questions correct-

You are moving to a new school system, with fully vaxed children, and are unsure of how to approach turning in medical forms?

If I've got that right, then my answer would be to just complete the paper work honestly. The standard form from your pedi will have all the dates on it. If the school questions why you don't have some (I'm guessing you delalyed enough to avoid some vaccinations entirely) just say they are up to date. Most school nurses know how it works. I think you don't have to do anything about your previous religious exemptions.

I've done the same thing within the same school. In Pre-K we are non-vaxers, but by 6th grade are fully vaxed. No issue at all.

Good luck with the move!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.