Starting MA Pre-School... need help with Vaccine waiver/exemption - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 01-28-2009, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok, I have DD's K registration/orientation coming up in April. So I don't submit ANYTHING other than a religious form for DD? she has some vax's but not all. I 'm especially hesitant about the pox one. I'm scared.

and maybe i should post elsewhere but I believe at their 5 year check up their are some boosters needed as well like polio, DTP, MMR? how important are those boosters? maybe it's time to blow the dust off of our Dr. Sears vax book ;(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 PM

All I gave them was thier physical form and the exemption letter. They don't need to know what my kids have and have not received. Yes, at 5 they get thier 'kindergarden' shots. Don't remember what they are.

Kerrie Mama to DD 10 yo, DS 8 yo and DD 5  

#33 of 40 Old 01-28-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrie View Post
All I gave them was thier physical form and the exemption letter. They don't need to know what my kids have and have not received. Yes, at 5 they get thier 'kindergarden' shots. Don't remember what they are.
Hey kerrie! for some strange reason I think that our Doc puts on the form whether she is or isn't fully vaxed so that's why I'm nervous. I want to say he even breaks it out to what she has/hasn't received.
#34 of 40 Old 01-28-2009, 01:03 PM

Even if the child is partially vaxed, it's not a problem as long as you submit that written exemption.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#35 of 40 Old 01-28-2009, 01:37 PM

i found the form from DDs physical last year. It clearly states at the top of the page the vax name and the date(s) it was given.

won't really look good especially because it's only a few other vaxes that I dont want to give her. KWIM?

Errrrr, I get so worked up over this
#36 of 40 Old 01-28-2009, 02:00 PM

Our doctor now gives me the physical form and a seperate computer print-out with the vax they have received. Maybe you can ask to have them omit that or is there a way to get a copy that does not include space for the vax on the form?

Kerrie Mama to DD 10 yo, DS 8 yo and DD 5  

#37 of 40 Old 07-26-2009, 08:50 PM

I don't want to have to take my kid in for a blood draw to see if he has lead posioning. It makes no sense to me why they should care...it's not contagious. Does the exemption work for this, too>
#38 of 40 Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 AM

They didn't require the lead test for my son.

Also, the preschool (and now elementary) doesn't care that it shows that my ds had vax for the first year of his life. They accept the exemption now without question.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#39 of 40 Old 07-27-2009, 10:59 AM

I always wondered about the lead test. Why does it matter to the schools?

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#40 of 40 Old 07-27-2009, 11:14 AM

I think it matters to the school in the sense that lead poisoning is bad, it's good public policy to have every small child tested, and this is a way to make it happen. Also, since lead poisoning can lead to behavior problems, learning delays, etc. I guess it would effect the teachers dealing with the child.
Also, as the parent, if I were to send my child to school (or daycare) I would want a level taken before they started, so that if they had problems later and testing showed a high level I would know the source was the school and not my home.

But if it's really an issue for you you probably could just write your own letter, but I can't find any sort of info on actual law allowing for exemption. I guesss blood draws could be against your religion? But would you not get one in other circumstances?

Previous thread-
lead testing exemptions for MA

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page