Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have any experience?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#2 of 10 Old 09-05-2008, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
There are not many in MA. My SIL takes our 3 yo nephew to Carol Englander in Framingham. I know alot of people that use her and she is good at what she does but does not have a warm personality. It sucks because this is the time you need a loving soul to explain things and you will not find that in her. However, she is thorough and will perform the necessary tests and get a game plan for you. Best wishes.

Carol Englender, M.D.
160 Speen Street, Suite 203
Framingham, MA 01701
tel: 508-875-0875
fax: 508-875-0005

SAHM to 2 boys: and a girl in Jan.
#3 of 10 Old 09-06-2008, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry to butt in but have you considered contacting someone listed as a "rescue angel" at Generation Rescue.org? I found our DAN doctor that way. A rescue angel is someone who has treated his/her child using the DAN and other approaches. One of the rescue angels in my area gave me a list of the DAN doctors I could contact.

http://www.generationrescue.org/angels.php?state=MA

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#4 of 10 Old 09-06-2008, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Well my son isn't autistic. He just has perplexing digestive issues & someone suggested I contact a DAN doctor. So I'm not sure contacting someone from that list would be appropriate.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#5 of 10 Old 09-06-2008, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A DAN doctor is a Defeat Autism Now doctor and parents of autistic children from your area who post at generation rescue would know who is and who isn't a good DAN doctor. DAN doctors know quite a bit about allergies and treatments for various immune issues.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#6 of 10 Old 09-07-2008, 10:19 AM

For digestive issues I would highly recommend Tim Buie, MD at MGH-617-726-8705. He has worked with some very strange digestive complaints and does a beyond thorough work-up.

#7 of 10 Old 09-11-2008, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Is Dr. Buie very intervantion oriented? Will he want to do a lot of invasive tests? Scopes & what not? I'm not sure I'm prepared for that. Also, is he strictly convetional or does he think outside the box & treat with supplemtns & not just drugs?

Thanks

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#8 of 10 Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 PM

From what I have heard about him from several parents is that he recommends alot of supplements (vits/minerals that kind of stuff) unless there may be yeast overgrowth and then you may need stronger stuff. People like him BECAUSE he thinks outside the box. He is cool and talks TO you about your child and figures out the best thing to do based upon the symptoms and problem. Invasive tests can tell you alot, but he has so much experience he may not need the tests. As with any physician, you do not have to do what they recommend. Go and get his opinion. I think there is quite a waiting list so make an appt and then you have time to cancel should you wish.

#9 of 10 Old 09-16-2008, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Well he must be good because he isn't taking any new patients. Sigh.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#10 of 10 Old 01-21-2014, 09:00 AM

Hi there,

I know you posted this in 06, but I would like to give you some insight. We as well started with Dr. Englander and fully understand your feelings about her. Since that last of our research through Jenny McCarthy's angel network, we found a DAN physician that accepted our insurance. Dr. Darren Lynch at Northampton Wellness Associates is whom we have switched to. It may be a lengthy ride, but he is really good and sensitive to your child's needs as well as the parents. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page