Breast Thermography in RI?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-27-2008, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After much research into mammograms and alternative early detection of breast cancer, I would love to be able have breast thermography, but their official website states that the nearest place is in PA.

Anyone hear of a place in the surrounding area that offers this, or has had any experience with it?
I would love to chat about it.

I would be willing to travel into MA, NH or CT for this also.

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#2 of 9 Old 09-28-2008, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Bump

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#3 of 9 Old 10-02-2008, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Big bumps!!

#4 of 9 Old 11-26-2013, 10:36 AM

Bump! I just saw this: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qnREMWpqrE

I am in Massachusetts and would really like to do this prior to or in place of a mammogram. Anyone have anyone local they like and that consults with you on your results...?

Thank you!

#5 of 9 Old 11-26-2013, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Hi! I have heard of one of my local friends that has had this done in place of a mammogram.

They had her sign off, saying that it was not to replace the  mammogram, which is unfortunate.

My guess is that it is because of liability, or some such nonsense.

I have had a couple of mammograms, and a couple of ultrasounds, mainly because there was an area that they wanted to  keep an eye on, and I was pg, or nursing at the time.

Unfortunately quite a few of my friends, both over and under 40 have breast cancer at this time. It's just so shocking, and scary that it is cropping up in younger and younger women.

If you would like I can get the details of thermography from my friend. I think she went to somewhere in MA. I know she paid out of pocket for it too.

#6 of 9 Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 PM

Yes thank you Mum5, especially if she liked the location/practitioner who performed the scan and the discussion after. I suppose it would be good to know if she didn't like them either. And yes, I expect to pay out of pocket :( but I feel like it will guide me on if I want to do a mammogram and when. If I/we don't suspect anything, why go through all that radiation? Surprising how much we pay out of pocket on our health that's not covered by insurance, but it keeps us out of the MD's office so that will work for us for now. :) 

Thank you!

#7 of 9 Old 11-27-2013, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

following...

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#8 of 9 Old 12-01-2013, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies. My friend used New England Clinical Thermography www.nemedtherm.com

She liked them a great deal. She is also pretty crunchy and very up on natural health and alternatives. Let me know how you make out.

#9 of 9 Old 12-01-2013, 06:13 PM

Thanks mum5... I'll look them up, make some calls. In the meantime, I've found this nurse:

http://www.insideoutthermography.com/InsideOut.pdf

Cumberland RI would be closer to me than Byfield, MA (and the locations she travels to), but I'll call both this week and get a feel for them.

Really appreciate it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page