Mothering Forum banner

CT- in need of recommendations after Birth Trauma

576 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  *theophane* 
#1 ·
Hi girls,

To sum it up, my first birth was horrible and miles away from the homebirth i had initially hoped for.

We're thinking of a second child and i'm trying to heal and regain some confidence. Do you know anyone in CT who specializes or has special focus on Healing after Birth Trauma?

I am willing to travel quite a bit if necessary.
Thanks in advance ladies!

Isabelle

#2 ·
Lois Freedman (author of "Birth As a Healing Experience: The Emotional Journey of Pregnancy Through Postpartum") does phone counseling sessions (she's in Massachusetts), providing counseling for women experiencing anxiety, grief, traumatic birth experience, mother loss, miscarriage or other difficult times. Lois's book was a huge help to me after my own traumatic birth experience, and she's a lovely person as well.

Here is her contact info:

Lois H. Freedman, M.Ed., C.C.E.
Counseling for Pregnancy and Mothering
Lofreedman [at] aol.com

There's also a "healing birth trauma" forum here on MDC:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...play.php?f=502
(make sure to check out the "sticky" at the top of the forum where there are lots of other resources).

There's a book that I've yet to read but have heard really good things about called "Rebounding from Childbirth: Toward Emotional Recovery" by Lynn Madsen, that might be worth checking out too.

Hopefully others will have more suggestions for people in CT who do birth trauma work.

Hugs Mama .
, it can be a long road.

=================
Mama to DS 5/03 & DD 2/06
:

: ICAN "You never know when you're making a memory." ~ Rickie Lee Jones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.