Mothering Forum banner

Vaccination exemption in Mass

541 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  grumpyshoegirl 
#1 ·
I have 2 DC - 3.5 fully vaccinated and 22mo everything except MMR and Rotovirus. 3.5 yo is at preschool and they have her medical/vax records. I am pretty sure I do not want to continue vaxing. When and how to I do an exemption? Should I just wait until DD starts Kindergarten as she will not need any boosters til then - which will be same time DS starts preschool or should I do it now? DD will be at same preschool next year and may stay there thru K-8 (Catholic school - not sure if exemptino will even be accepted there)
I'm just not sure how to go about getting a religious exemption in Mass....TIA

#2 ·
you just have to write a letter. If you do a search in the vax forum for exemption letter you'll find some threads.

I wouldn't give the preschool a letter until you need to, probably at the start of next year?

I had to write letter for my dc this year and if you don't find anything on the vax board I can pm it to you.

I had no issues with any of the kids exemptions. I have one in school (a special needs school though), one in head start preschool and two in daycare

#3 ·
It's pretty simple in MA. The legal phrase you want to use is "sincerely held religious beliefs." Just state that in your exemption letter. Since I don't know of a single Catholic school that requires its students (or their families) to BE Catholic, it shouldn't be an issue.

The schools require the vaccination records because the DPH requires THEM to keep vaccination records on file. The DPH is okay with the school having an exemption letter in place of records, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.