Mothering Forum banner

Trader Joe's in Warwick, RI

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  fancyoats 
#1 ·
Is opening on Halloween! I saw two employees at Target yesterday and they said the Grand Opening is:

Oct. 31st at 8am!!!
:

They assured me it's going to be a blast and tons of fun! I'm very excited after shopping at TJ's for years in Seattle and Portland...and did not want to venture to Mass just for a visit to TJ's. I'm SO glad I'll be living near one now and it's so close
Just wanted to share and give a heads up jic anyone loves them like I do!

Not sure if we'll actually get up that early to go...but we'll show up for sure sometime during the day to ring da bell! Ohhh...lets have a playdate there...bells, fun, food, and stickers, what else do we need?!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
I am so excited!! I have heard that it is a great store, and I can't wait to check it out.

What does everyone like about it? I have heard that they have a great ( read cheap
) bulk foods section and frozen foods too.
Is it comparable to WF price and quality (organics)wise?

#5 ·
I'm not sure about the stores on the east coast...but the west coast has some great items in it! They are not like WF in that they claim to be natural, organic, etc but they carry a huge supply of that kind of stuff. A lot of premade things that are organic (cereals, cookies, breads, chips, crackers, etc) and some really neat stuff. They do claim to be a unique grocer (and they are!) and give you a way to buy unique culinary items at an affordable price. Much more affordable than WF, imo...but I never had to shop at WF on the West Coast b/c there were tons and tons of natty food stores so much better.

I've come to find that food here is more expensive anyway, so hopefully TJ's won't be too bad here. They carry what the area has to offer...so in the NW/West Coast where so much is grown so close they may have had more produce than here and more to offer, from what I have gathered.

But they have awesome stuff...mamas I know swarm them back west and our co-op preschool always had someone bring something yummy in from TJ's...as did our moms night out, playgroups, homeschool groups, etc. We live for TJ's out there!
And the frozen foods are good, cheap, and organic...making a meal quick and easy and fast (what I sooo need after our 5th baby is born!) not to mention freakin' good! (like the pasta dishes) Oooh! The hummus is soooo good too...and it's a fun place to shop (i really can't wait to ring that bell!)
:

I hear they won't have the good affordable wine here tho but I hope they have the yummy truffle chocolates and other neat things I used to see.
:

#7 ·
I used to live in LA, where TJ is around every corner, so I think I love them for sentimental reasons!

But really, a story is involved.

I lived in LA when there was a huge market strike. Me and hubby are Union, so we didn't cross picket lines, and ended up shopping only at TJs for a long time since they weren't involved. We noticed that we could get a lot of what we needed at cheaper prices than the regular store. THey also just have oddball, funky things (like wasabi peas, a huge variety of nuts and trail mixes, and Mochi - a japanese ice cream) that you can't get elsewhere. They have tons of good prepared foods, and lots of organic, free range products. In LA, they also have super cheap wine - but that's another story!

I'm happy they are here!

#10 ·
I am also excited to check it out. It's sort of good timing as dh and I are as broke as we've ever been and wf is truly becoming "whole paycheck"

Also the reason they don't have wine in RI is that no grocery stores sell alcohol. Kind of dumb, but that's the law I guess. I know the MA store sells the tj wine.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*max*~ View Post
Good news! Anyone know where in Warwick it will be?
it is on bald hill road, i think in the same plaza as the office max? their website lists 1000 bald hill road as the address.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.