CT- Joni Stone - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am considering setting up a consultation with her (I am pregnant). Anyone have a birth with her, and she was the primary? What was her style? What did you love about her? What did you hate? How was her availability? Please pm with details. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 08:14 AM

I birthed with her and Maryellen Albini--the only thing I can say is it was a perfect experience. She was supportive, kind, gentile, and helpful
good luck

wife & holistic mama of 1 girl, 1 boy and 1 :
Old 11-05-2008, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamamia10. Was she the primary or was Maryellen?

Anyone out there with Joni as the primary?
Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 PM

I'll just say that all I have heard is great things about her. I believe she was the primary for a mom friend of mine, but the mom is under the weather right now and pretty busy. I'll see if I can talk to her about posting something soon.

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 PM

Joni Stone was my primary midwife. She is awsome. If I ever have another baby I am definately going to ask her to be my midwife again and highly recommend her to anyone. I think that it is really important to feel very comfortable with your midwife so you may want to interview a few. When I interviewed her both my husband and I knew that she was the midwife for us.

my two boys 9-2004 dup2(q13,q23) and 3-2008
Old 11-06-2008, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegal View Post
I'll just say that all I have heard is great things about her. I believe she was the primary for a mom friend of mine, but the mom is under the weather right now and pretty busy. I'll see if I can talk to her about posting something soon.
Thank you. I would love to hear from your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieD View Post
Joni Stone was my primary midwife. She is awsome. If I ever have another baby I am definately going to ask her to be my midwife again and highly recommend her to anyone. I think that it is really important to feel very comfortable with your midwife so you may want to interview a few. When I interviewed her both my husband and I knew that she was the midwife for us.
Thank you for posting!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:51 PM

I was at a birth taking pictures where Joni was the midwife and I was totally impressed with her. If I get pregnant again I'm going to birth at home with her. She was respectful, low-key, she kept on top of checking the mom out without being intrusive about it, she was nice.

I actually kind of am not happy with my regular midwives after seeing her in action.

Mostly sane mother to twins.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:39 AM

That was me she was taking pictures of. And it was aperfect experince. Joni was amazing, not just at the birth, but before and since. Coming from a coerced c-section she really helped us through our grief and fears and get to a place where we could welcome birth with positivty. And she was not obtrusive about it, very subtle, very supportive, but thats just her way about everything. She also has been extremly supportive of our family since the birth in dealing with some serious health issues that have arisen (not a result of the birth) since our new daughters birth. She is worth every penny and more.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:14 AM

Joni was at my birth while she was preg with her first six years ago! She was an apprentice then. I big puffy heart her!

Christine. Unschooling mom to Hollis, Zobey, Zeda, Anna, and Wednesday. We have a lot invested in this whole family thing with marriage kids and a mortgage. You don't just give up on the whole deal when it gets difficult.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the responses. I really appreciate it!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:41 AM

I really like Joni. Good luck!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
Old 11-24-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieD View Post
When I interviewed her both my husband and I knew that she was the midwife for us.
I'm newly pregnant, and have chose Joni. And it was the same for us! I knew she was the one. I even had appointments to interview two other midwives and cancelled them, I just had such a great feeling about her!

Amanda
Mama to Amelia (9.8.06) and Jonah (6.19.09)
Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliasmama View Post
I'm newly pregnant, and have chose Joni. And it was the same for us! I knew she was the one. I even had appointments to interview two other midwives and cancelled them, I just had such a great feeling about her!
We felt the same way. I love love loved her! She actually didn't make it to my birth, it was soo fast and I was actually disappointed that I didn't get to have her there for it, so I can't speak to how she is during labor, but my pre and post natal care was terrific! I miss seeing her. She's a really wonderful woman!

User Tag List