Mothering Forum banner

new to Vermont

796 views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  jamsmama 
#1 ·
Hi! I should introduce myself. I'm new to Vermont and to the mothering forum.

I have a 5 yr old girl, and 2 yr old boy. My son was born at home. I'm pregnant with #3 and I'm hoping for another home birth.

We just moved here from Alaska to be closer to family and so that my husband could join the National Guard. He leaves for 6 months of basic training next month.

I don't agree with everything I read in mothering magazine, but I do like the community here and would like to meet some new people in my new neighborhood!

here's a bit about me
i share a family bed.
i delay vaccinate my children.
i feel very strongly against drugs and alcohol.
i use both cloth and disposable diapers.
i would never in a million years spank my children.
i respect my children.
i nursed my daughter until she was a few weeks from turning 4 years, i nursed through my pregnancy with my son and tandem nursed for 10 months, i am still nursing my son.
my children watch very limited television. approx 2 shows a week.
i try very hard to be selective with the toys in my home. we strive for wooden/fabric toys, we do have some plastic but from companies i have researched (mostly european due to their higher testing standards) but we have one weakness...littlest pet shop.

we are currently learning about spirituality thanks to my daughters strong curiosity.

thanks for listening!!

See less See more
#5 ·
We're in VT too.. farther north though.. Near St Albans...
welcome to teh state and the boards!
We have a 6yo homeschooled boy, a 4 year old girl a 2 year old boy and a new baby due in a week or so...
Liek you i dont' agree with everythign in teh magazine but have foudn ti to be a priceless resource adn helps me keep my heacd in check as the world around me spins out of control....

#7 ·
wow! thanks so much for the military link! i had no idea that existed. he is due home in August and I'm due in Sept. so we are hoping he will be home, but if for some reason I go into labor early, that would really be great to have a doula! thank you.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jm+3 View Post
We just moved here from Alaska
I'm looking at this thread because my family is once again starting the AK/elsewhere debate and a return to VT is high on the list. I hope your transition has gone well! I'm in Fairbanks where it's sunny and a warm 6 above today but the winter is getting long so I'm envying your location right now!

#10 ·
Welcome to VT and MDC!

I live in Burlington! My DH was actually in Montpeliar today doing work for a client, and i used to live in the St. A area as well (in fact I went to highschool there).

Nice to "meet" you

It sounds to me like you will fit in very well here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.