playgroup around Kingston, NH? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 05-26-2009, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I am a working mother who is interested in meeting other mothers. I have a 21mth old and a baby due in August. I am having a hard time finding playgroups for afternoon/evening hours and wondered if anyone knew of any in the area or Kingston, NH.

Any suggestions would be great! Daycare hasn't really panned out for meeting other mothers, as no one hovers around once they have their kid. The local library has a storytime in the evening once a month, but I have not yet made it to one.

If there is nothing, would anyone be interested if I started something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 05-26-2009, 05:12 PM

I would be. i live in durham and work in east hampstead so i drive thru kingston everyday. unfortunately my kiddos are in durham but I could meet up for a playdate durham is about 30 min away from kingston. i have 3 boys 6,4 and 13months. I work monday afternoon/evenings and wed and thurs until noon but we are free after that.
let me know.
#3 of 27 Old 05-26-2009, 07:19 PM

Hi-

I would be interested in getting together. We live in Durham, also. I have 2 boys, 4 and 2, and one more due in 4 weeks. Let me know--
#4 of 27 Old 05-27-2009, 03:31 PM

we are totally open here on thursday afternoons even if we meet up somewhere for a playdate. Jackson's landing in durham is often fun for many different ages, but may be a little far from kingston. If you want to do something else let me know
#5 of 27 Old 05-27-2009, 07:37 PM

So funny that you are right here in Durham, Swiesz, I am happy to hear of another Mothering mom here in town! We moved here the end of last summer, have you been here long?

Thursday afternoons would work for us, too. We are happy to play here or travel. Due pretty soon, though, so we'll see how we're all feeling as we close in on baby time. If either of you would like to contact me directly please feel free to do so.

Looking forward to arranging something--
#6 of 27 Old 05-28-2009, 12:50 PM

Also i don't know if Kingston has a mothers club, but i know that hampstead has one, which might be another good place to look or even exeter which is pretty close as well. Just to find someone that may be closer to you.
#7 of 27 Old 06-01-2009, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Durham is a little far for me, I think. Not that far per se, but I come from working in Wilmington, MA and it would be another 1/2hr drive on top of the 45+min from work to daycare to home.

I have decided to start a playgroup though, on nice Tuesday nights at my home in Kingston from 5-8pm. I have invited a bunch of people I know (old school friends, people from town, friends of friends, ect..) who have kids or are pregnant.

To deal with the evening rush, I have encouraged people to bring food, either prepared or something to throw on the grill for dinner, so they don't have to cook when they get home. For the kids we have a kiddie pool (small), sprinkler, swing set and various toys.

If either of you are interested in coming, shoot me a pm.
#8 of 27 Old 06-15-2009, 10:45 PM

Also check out Seacoast Mother's Association for local area playgroups. I know there is one in Exeter. Not sure when they meet, but people can create whatever playgroups they want, and advertise them there, which seems to be a good way to get the word out.

http://www.bigtent.com/groups/sma/
#9 of 27 Old 06-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Hi! We live in Kensington--not more than 10 minutes away from Kingston. There is a nice, new (totally redone last year) playground at our town park. It is often busy during the day, late afternoon and evenings. Becasue there are lots of state-of-the-art playing fields with lights, entire families are often there even in the late afternoons and evenings. Snack bar open from 5-8 every night now. Really nice playground. So far they are using only organic methods to maintain the property. The park is technically called Sawyer Park but many call it Kensington park. It is on Trundle Bed Road in Kensington, 03833. Trundle Bed Road runs only between Route 150 and Stumpfield Road and it is a short road so the park is easy to find once you find Trundle Bed. Good luck making friends. We live right down the road so maybe we'll see you there!
#10 of 27 Old 06-20-2009, 12:53 PM

Also (I wrote the post about our town park in Kensington): When I moved back to this area two years ago, I started a Seacoast attachment parenting and natural living group. I've since devoted more energy to a couple unschooling/relaxed homeschooling groups since my son is almost 6 and while he likes playing with any age children (especially his beloved baby sister!), I try to give him access to kids more his age. Anyway, I also have a baby who just turned one and have been thinking (along with another member of the Seacoast AP/NL group--it does still exist but more as an online support list unfortunately) about trying to revive the group. Anyone interested? Check us out at yahoo groups (Seacoast Attachment Parenting and Natural Living). The local LLL and another AP-type group in the area (more toward the Dover area, I think) would also provide support and friendship opportunities.
#11 of 27 Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info about the park in Kensignton, that is not far away at all. Also if you do revive the AP group, I would love to come along!
#12 of 27 Old 06-29-2009, 11:04 AM

Hello. My name is Robyn. I also live in Kingston. I have a 2 year old son, a 4 year old daughter and another girl on the way due in August. I'm looking to try to get the kids out to socialize as well as myself. I do not work so we're pretty much open for anything.
#13 of 27 Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM

Hello All! I was searching around for baby play groups in the area when I ran into this thread so, I signed up on the site so I could respond to you guys!

I'm 23, have a 10 month old little boy, and we just moved to Fremont, NH in May. I am finally ready to attempt to socialize and I know the baby needs it. I would love to get together with some of you guys and let the baby socialize a bit. I don't know how to go about this or anything.. let me know how you'd like to get in touch to do something, I don't know anyone up here yet

http://www.myspace.com/chinas_dream

or

http://www.facebook.com/saren.triff

Thanks so much! I'm home all day with the baby so, I'm available anytime
#14 of 27 Old 07-21-2009, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ArensMom,

My playgroup thing did not pan out very well, so I have cancelled it. Not enough attendance

However I have started to go to a place called "Off the Wall Gymnastics" on Tuesday or Thursday evenings throughout the summer from 5:30-7pm. They are located on Rt. 125 in Plaistow, about 7 miles south on rt. 125 from the Carriage Towne Plaza in Kingston (the one with the Dunkin Donuts). It is nice because the place is all padded and my daughter can run around and play without fear of her falling down and hurting herself.

There is also a La Leche League meeting in Stratham the 1st Wednesday of every month from 6:30pm-8pm. It is at the Coastal Family Birth retreat in Stratham, located on Frying Pan Lane. From Fremont it would take you less than 1/2hr to get there. (3 min from Exeter Hospital if you know where that is) There next meeting is August 5th. This might be a good way to meet other moms. They also have a day meeting, but I don't know when it is, because I work during the day.

There is also a place called "Sprout About" in Stratham that is open from like 9am-3pm. It is a big indoor play area for young kids. Again I haven't been because they are not open when I get home

Hope these things help you, if I think of anything else I will let you know.

~Natasha
#15 of 27 Old 07-21-2009, 04:34 PM

Hi there,
There is also a Parent & Baby group at the Exeter Hospital. My little guy has outgrown it but that's how we finally connected with some friends when he was younger. I could only find the times for the Parent & Toddler group on their calendar: http://www.exeterhospital.com/calendar/, but I'm sure if you call the hospital they can help you find the appropriate group. The groups are facilitated by a nurse and it's a great source of support as well as friendship. There is always someone to answer any questions you may have, help with BF, etc. and they have great guest speakers and topics.

Good luck!
#16 of 27 Old 07-21-2009, 08:36 PM

Thanks so much for the responses.. I will definitely look into the hospital, I'll have to give a call. I used to go to something similar to that but they met weekly

If one of you would maybe like to meet up at the park or something sometime, I would love to.

Thanks again! :
#17 of 27 Old 09-14-2011, 12:56 PM

I just moved to East Kingston from Portsmouth and has a 14mos girl and a lil boy due this Jan '2012.  I stay at home during the day and would like to get out to meet other moms with kids.  I have older siblings 8yr old son and 14yr daughter and 22 yr daughter as well so playtime for me would stop when they get home from school. 

#18 of 27 Old 09-14-2011, 01:20 PM

I am looking to setting up a playgroup in around east hampstead on Thursday's from about 12:30-1:30. I have an office with a train table and such we could start at and plan to meet in various places each week. I have a 3 1/2 year old with me and a 6&8 year old that are in school until about 3:30. Let me know if you are interested
#19 of 27 Old 09-14-2011, 02:32 PM

I am looking to setting up a playgroup in around east hampstead on Thursday's from about 12:30-1:30. I have an office with a train table and such we could start at and plan to meet in various places each week. I have a 3 1/2 year old with me and a 6&8 year old that are in school until about 3:30. Let me know if you are interested
#20 of 27 Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 AM

Hi,

thats great.  Just send me your phone number or address and times I am pretty much open.  Thanks!

#21 of 27 Old 09-16-2011, 06:27 AM

Thursdays are great.  When do you think we will start?

#22 of 27 Old 10-03-2011, 04:02 AM

Hi,  I just found your message.

We live in Kingston NH and we are trying to build a playgroup.

We have a 4 y/o  girl and a  y/o boy.

Let us know if it is something that interest you.

Mary and Marco Menendez

[email protected]

#23 of 27 Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 AM

We get our children out almost every day.

I let out our son's age   7 y/o

#24 of 27 Old 10-13-2011, 06:17 PM

lets meet next Thursday at my office say around 11:30  Our office is Swiesz Family Chiropractic and is at 320 sandown rd (121A)  Let me know if this will work for everyone.  I will be there with my 3 year old son.  Looking forward to it.

#25 of 27 Old 10-16-2011, 09:54 PM

Hi,  is anything coming these days?

Are you meeting?

It is hard to say how new the emails are.

We are writing tonight, 16 Oct 11.

Let me know,  thanks,

Mary and Marco Menendez

#26 of 27 Old 10-16-2011, 10:08 PM

I wanted to share with you,  just in case you know of someone else.

We are advertising our playgroup in the Nichols Memorial Library website here in Kingston NH.

The library is going to have a new building and the director offered to me access to a room for playing if the playgroup eventually needs a place.

But also,  I know children love the outdoor.

So,  here we are in Kingston ready for the four seasons outdoors.

Thanks,

The Menendez  (Mary and Marco)

#27 of 27 Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM

I am planning on meeting up tomorrow 10-20-11at my office around 11:30 .  Hope everyone can make it.  we are at 320 sandown rd #1 (121A)  see you then.

whitney

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page