Looking for some milk... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-16-2009, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am getting desperate for breastmilk for my 8-week-old. I am about 6 ounces shy every day and our donor milk is running out fast. If anyone has any to spare I would greatly appreciate it, even just a few ounces. We live in Maine but I am travelling to NH this Saturday and I can drive to just about anywhere to get it - within an hour or so of Exeter, NH. I hope to be able to sustain him myself sometime soon but I need some more milk to hold us over until then. I've been on domperidone since day 5 and also had low supply with my older son, so I'm in familliar territory but I would love to be able to continue his EBF diet as I so greatly respect the value of a mother's milk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 09-17-2009, 11:37 AM

Sorry, don't get your hopes up from my post. I don't have any but just wanted to pass on of support. My 3rd DS had donor milk for the first 3mths and it was wonderful. I also found most of mine through MDC, all fingers and toes are crossed for you

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#3 of 9 Old 09-19-2009, 03:15 PM

I may be able to help you out, depending on your location. I'm in Farmington. PM me if interested.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#4 of 9 Old 09-19-2009, 03:45 PM

i may be able to help i am in durham, i do not have any on hand frozed as of yet but could try to get pumping. let me know
whitney
#5 of 9 Old 09-20-2009, 07:48 PM

If you're near Lisbon Falls, I always seem to have extra milk.

Jess, mama to DD1 (6-26-09) and DD2 (9-29-11) 

#6 of 9 Old 09-20-2009, 08:45 PM

Have you tried the New England Milk Bank, http://www.milkbankne.org/donorinfo.shtml or Milk Share, http://milkshare.birthingforlife.com/?

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#7 of 9 Old 09-26-2009, 05:20 PM

i wish i had seen your post earlier, but haven't been on here much. are you headed back this way soon? my ds is 3 1/2 months, so close in age and i have some extra milk i'd be willing to part with. i'm close to concord nh
#8 of 9 Old 09-26-2009, 07:41 PM

Hmmmm. I pm'd you a while ago..... I hope you ended up finding some!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#9 of 9 Old 09-26-2009, 09:53 PM

so glad to see mothering didn't take down your post! i am a recipient bmilk mama who posted here a while back looking for donations and my post was taken down.

i would highly recommend the yahoo milkshare group. i have a bunch of donor milk already in my freezer from some amazing milk angels and i am still a few weeks from giving birth! (i have something called breast hypoplasia...a very rare condition involving basically underdeveloped mammary glands...diagosed when my first son was a baby).

anyway...give milkshare a try too. some mamas are even willing to ship (not all that complicated, though it can get expensive (but not that much more than organic formula so totally worth it if you can't find enough local milkies).

good luck mama!!!! and kuddos to you for searching out the best supplement option for your little one.

be well,
sarah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page