Family Practioner in Seacoast Area or Southern Maine? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-27-2009, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that there was a thread on here a while ago with a bunch of doctors listed and recommendations about each. It's gone now since it was a few months old and of course now I need it. (murphy's law)

We were using Whole Life Healthcare in Portsmouth and were pretty content with them, but they are not accepting our insurance after January 1st so we need to find a new PCP for the whole family. Any recommendations? We're in Kittery and will happily travel a little ways for someone who takes our insurance and is family friendly. We were hoping to get in with Jen Nelson but she has a waiting list for our insurance right now.

Any recommendations? I really appreciate any ideas!!!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#2 of 7 Old 12-28-2009, 02:59 PM

Hi Leila! I think we met on one of the Forest Friday walks. We've changed from Wende Pedi to Kittery Family Practice due to Dr. Braden signing on there. My DH has worked with him up at Maine Med and liked him very much. I also checked with his staff and he is willing to see selective/delayed/non-vaxers. Our first appt. is in January so I'll post our thoughts.

Sarah

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#3 of 7 Old 12-28-2009, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Sarah!
Thanks so much for the word back! Our health insurance actually automatically signed us up with KFP for now so I think we'll give them a go. Definitely post back after your first visit if you don't mind though, I'd love to hear what your experience is like. Hope to see you on another Forest Friday sometime soon too! I think we probably won't be out until closer to spring since we have a baby in the house, but it makes such a difference to get a little fresh air and sun during the winters up here. Hope you're all well!!!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#4 of 7 Old 12-29-2009, 01:49 AM

I'm not a fan of KFP.

But I have had a great experience with family practitioner Rachel Burke in South Berwick.
#5 of 7 Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemawei View Post
I'm not a fan of KFP.

But I have had a great experience with family practitioner Rachel Burke in South Berwick.
Do you have her info?

-Woodie Guthrie
#6 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 01:39 PM

Dr. Susuan Murry at Woodbury Family Practice. She is through, never rushed, and repsects my requests for alternative vaccination schedules. The office is located directly accross the street from Whole Life Health in Newington.
Best of Luck
#7 of 7 Old 08-04-2011, 07:09 AM

Whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO KFP. A doctor there is responsible for my father's death. He ignored my father's medical complaints during an annual physical and my father died the next day. Had the doctor run a test my father would be alive today. Instead he signed my  father's death certificate WITHOUT EVEN VIEWING MY FATHER'S BODY, signed off on the death certificate as natural causes, this doctor ignored signs of an abdominal aneurysm. They don't care anymore because all the old timers are retiring and even if you sue them it's not going to hurt their reputation they'll just retire! They have made their money they are just putting in their time now. They are going to retire anyway. They don't give a rats*** at KFP anymore. They kind of did when the doctors were younger 30 years ago, but they are burnt out and tired of treating patients. But I am sure the new doctors there are fine so long as the old timers aren't their role models and mentors!! I could not believe the nerve of some of the doctors and staff in this practice.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page