NH Religious Exemption - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-13-2010, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do I need to file a religious exemption in NH each year with the school? I called the City Health Dept. and the person I spoke with didn't know; I left a message with someone else there and they never returned my call. I really don't want to call the school. Thanks!
#2 of 7 Old 08-21-2010, 12:05 AM

I have only had to fill out a new one when my child enters a new school. The school must keep it on file, thus the reason why you can't take the form with you from school to school. But you do not need to have a new one filled out each year. Hope this helps.
#3 of 7 Old 08-21-2010, 12:56 AM

I have a question about this too... do you need to explain why? Are they allowed to ask? We have stopped vaxing our kids and they are starting a new school soon. Thanks!
#4 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 01:52 PM

I believe you fill one out for each new school, but you don't have to do one every year. We homeschool so I haven't had to fill one out, but I have friends who do public school and they just had to fill one out for each child as they entered school and that was that.
#5 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by liqdsnk2 View Post
I have a question about this too... do you need to explain why? Are they allowed to ask? We have stopped vaxing our kids and they are starting a new school soon. Thanks!
No explaination needed nor do I believe they can ask you questions. Just fill out the State health dept.'s form. All it asks for is the name, DOB, address, signature, and have it notarized.
#6 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 10:34 PM

We're in Vermont but my experience has been that the school nurses mostly just need to have their paperwork in order. So I just fill out the form, along with anything else they give me, and hand it back with a matter-of-fact "And here's the vaccine exemption form." I doubt they'll give you any grief -- if so, a simple statement about "our religious beliefs prevent us from vaccinating" should shut it down.

Good luck!
#7 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 11:30 PM

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page