SAHM lonely in Nashua, NH - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm having a hard time with the loneliness and challenges of being a SAHM with 2 under 3yo. I'm looking for playgroups or even just a friend or two who actually want to get together occasionally.

We're semi-crunchy in that we co-sleep, baby-wear, extended breastfeeding, baby-led feeding/weaning, delayed/selective vax. We just had to stop cloth diapering because we don't have a w/d and the service was to expensive but I am hoping to get back to it when we move out of this apartment in April.

Anyone wanna be my friend?

Allyson ~ wife to C (1/20/07), mummy to E (1/13/08) , S (7/12/2010)
We're A C E S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm not that near you, but I can tell you where I've met lots of other mothers. Both la leche league and Holistic Moms Network have helped me through a lot of lonely (and self doubting) times. I'm a member of your local HMN chapter, Hillsborough County, and I highly recommend looking into it. HTH!
#3 of 17 Old 08-20-2010, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I live in Manchester. I would love to have a new, crunchy mama friend! The only thing is that we are a 1 car family, but I could keep the car sometimes if you ever want to meet up. I have a 6 1/2 month old son. I know what it's like not to have local friends, especially local friends who are 1) parents and 2) attachment parents. LOL!

I keep saying I'm going to attend a LLL meeting, but I think I get intimidated at the prospect of going alone. I'm not sure why. I do lots of things alone. Last week I emailed a local leader and asked if my husband could come, too. She said that his presence might make some of the women uncomfortable, which I understand. But I ended up not going at all. I hear that it is a great way to make like-minded friends and I do plan to attend the meeting in Bedford soon.

Anywho, PM me if interested in meeting up sometime. :-)
#4 of 17 Old 08-20-2010, 12:08 PM

Good for you for putting yourself out there!!
Those early days/months/years can be so hard!!

Are there any playgroups in your area?
If not, is there a good venue where you could start one?

I had no friends at all for my daughter's first two years, and then I started my own playgroup!
Our local Parent/Child Center lets us use their playroom (and now they get to list us among the services they offer!) and now we have a big circle of awesome, like-minded mom friends.
We list it as a "breastfeeding-friendly" playgroup, and I have found that it helps steer like-minded new moms in our direction

Good luck!
If nothing else, how is the children's section at your library?

DIYer mama to DD 11/00 and DS 6/05- both intact, naturally!
...missing Mothering Magazine...

#5 of 17 Old 08-20-2010, 01:52 PM

I'm a WOHM... but would love a pal if you ever want weekend plans (ds and I have Saturdays to ourselves since DH is working.) Your Nashua LLL group has some AWESOME leaders- I belong to the Milford group (where I live) and Kathy and Allyson from the Nashua group often step in for our leaders when needed and are absolutely fabulous ladies

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#6 of 17 Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 AM

Hi Mamas! 

I know this is an older thread, but I thought I'd add a reply.

I will be relocating to the Manchester, NH area on Feb. 1st with my hubby and 2yr old son. I would LOVE to meet any of you guys! I know my son might be a bit older than some of your children, but I'm sure we'd both love the Mama-time! ;-) Let me know if anyone is interested in getting together sometime! 

My baby is a TODDLER?!!! 12-28-08       toddler.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifblogging.jpg
#7 of 17 Old 01-12-2011, 11:54 AM

I'm in Concord, but don't mind traveling to have fun with friends. PM me if you ever want to plan a get together, Allyson. I have two boys under 4. :)

Hi again, lemonapple. :)

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#8 of 17 Old 01-14-2011, 02:08 PM

i'm 15 min from concord (in pittsfield). let me know if you ladies decide to do a get together. would love some friends that understand our crunchier lifestyle. we have a 5yr old dd, 19mo ds, and 2mo ds.

#9 of 17 Old 01-21-2011, 06:44 PM

Ninibambini in Bedford has some awesome moms groups! You can check out their schedule at www.ninibambini.com
#10 of 17 Old 01-28-2011, 10:05 AM

Hi mamas! =)

We are moving to Brookline NH next month and i'd love to meet up if any of you have started playgroups/get togethers. Just shoot me a message! 

#11 of 17 Old 01-30-2011, 12:10 PM

Hello Ladies!

I am still newish to NH.....we got here 5mo ago when I was 6mo pregnant.  Now, I am a SAHM of 2 little girls; a 3mo old and a 2.5yo.  I am lonely & getting cabin fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I would love to meet some families (my DH could use some guy pals too!) in the area.  I rent a small, humble house in Merrimack and would love to host a get together.  How about a pot luck brunch?  We could aim for a Sat or Sun and dads/partners can come along.  My house can probably only support 3 or 4 other families due to space constraints :(  I guess I'll just wait for responses and worry about that later. 

A little bit about us.......yes, I'd say we are semi-crunchy, we are sleep sharing, tandem nursing, non vaxing, mostly vegetarian (we started eating fish), anti-media (at least for the kids ;).  We are lovers of all music, dancers and wanna-be musicians (well, DH can actually play...I just struggle!)  I love to knit and sew and cook/bake.  DH loves to play poker and chess and would love some friends that play either.  My 2yo loves to use her imagination and do silly dances.  She still mostly parallel plays but is starting to engage more with others.  She is fairly shy and takes a little time to cozy up to new folks/situations. 

Ok, thats scratching the surface...........you'll have to take my offer to find out more :)  I hope to get this going!!! 

~ Nicole , love & positive parenting
#12 of 17 Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM

That sounds fun, Nicole! PM me if you want to email or talk over facebook. :)

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#13 of 17 Old 01-31-2011, 08:53 PM

Hoping the OP is still getting these posts, and everyone else is checking in when a new post is made ;)

I am in Manchester and my DD is 4 and DS is 2. We are TTC#3 currently and are a well, see my siggy..lol

I would love to get together with some other mamas. We have a playroom with mostly natural toys(but the inlaws have snuck a few plastic *ughs* in there..lol) and would love to host a kiddo play/mamas chat date!

I know a bunch of you have more littles and aren't so much at the homeschooling/unschooling level yet, but I am a member of a couple of great groups for those and also a lovely API group on facebook. We are actually going to see Seussical Jr at Pinkerton Academy's Stockbridge theatre on Sat at 4. Tickets are $7 for kids and $10 for adults. Geared for the littler littles I see mentioned on this thread. Anyone wanting to join us can email me at themaynardmob@yahoo.com and I can get you details :)

Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MummaLitt View Post

I'm having a hard time with the loneliness and challenges of being a SAHM with 2 under 3yo. I'm looking for playgroups or even just a friend or two who actually want to get together occasionally.

We're semi-crunchy in that we co-sleep, baby-wear, extended breastfeeding, baby-led feeding/weaning, delayed/selective vax. We just had to stop cloth diapering because we don't have a w/d and the service was to expensive but I am hoping to get back to it when we move out of this apartment in April.

Anyone wanna be my friend?

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#14 of 17 Old 02-02-2011, 08:50 AM

Just bought tickets for Saturday! Is anyone else going?!

#15 of 17 Old 02-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Besides us? Teehee! 

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#16 of 17 Old 02-15-2011, 12:45 PM

Replying back to this thread.... I quit my job to stay home with my LO back around the holidays and am a lonely SAHM now too. I don't know if anyone wants to get a Nashua/Manchester area playgroup together? I'll PM around to see if anyone wants to meetup, and if anyone new reads this later... feel free to PM me about joining us orngbiggrin.gif

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#17 of 17 Old 03-22-2011, 06:19 PM

I read this post and JUST signed up so I could respond! I am a new SAHM in Nashua to my 8 mos old DS. I feel like I could have written the original post! I am lonely too and do not have a lot of support. Most everyone I know does not support AP principles and I am very proud of the way I parent so as you can imagine, it's just getting lonelier. I hope one of you will still check this and respond. I don't know what PM means, as I said I am brand new here, but my email address is ke.stanton@gmail.com if anyone would like to get together and be friends!

Karissa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page