Can anyone recommend a doc for a VBAC in greater Portland area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2010, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used to go to BackCoveMidwives but they don't do VBAC. I would strongly prefer to deliver at Mercy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! You can PM me as well. Thank you SO MUCH for any help!

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 PM

Ugh... I was with BCM with my son and ended up with a section. I later had an early miscarriage and went to them. For a little bit my HCG was still going up and I got SO tired of hearing "you know, if you are still pregnant, you CAN'T come here for treatment" - got that message loud and clear at my 2wk PP appointments.

I've heard that All About Women (which is near BCM) supports VBACs and they deliver at Mercy. I've also heard that Dr. Hodson at Intermed is VBAC friendly (my friend had an attempted VBA2C with her recently). I called her when I was newly pregnant and she gave me a hard time about a few things that kind of turned me off to her.

I'm birthing with Open Circle (homebirth midwives) and I really love them!

momma to DS9 ribbonjigsaw.gif, DD5 dust.gif, and the newest edition, DS born Jan 2011 hbac.gif
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 PM

I was with BCM the first time around and had an emergency c-section due to my DD being breech. I am with All About Women this time around, they support VBAC and deliver at Mercy. I love love love Dr. Parsons there, but they're all great!

User Tag List