Mothering Forum banner

Midwife at Maine Med? Cloth diapering at Maine daycares?

891 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MEcatlady17 
#1 ·
Hi! I have two questions that I was hoping someone might be able to answer:
Anyone have a midwife attend their Maine Med birth? My regular doc (whom I LOVE) is in the MMC system, so I'm wondering if I can stick with her and a midwife.
Also, I've heard that regulations don't allow Maine daycares to take babies with cloth diapers, but that some might do it anyway under the radar? Any experience with that? I'm in the Portland area and wondering what my options are- thankfully I've got some time to figure it out, but I wanted to know your experiences.
Thanks!

#2 ·
Can't speak to Maine Med as I went through Mercy.

As far as CD and daycare. It isn't a state regulation. I had heard this when touring places and did some digging to figure out why some places said yes and others said it was against their regulations. NAEYC approved child cares are the ones who will say that they cannot accept cloth diapers. This is due to a policy set by the NAEYC accreditors. You can apparently get around this with a note from the doctor saying baby is allergic to disposables or for some medical/health reason cannot use them. I know of Maine daycares who do accept cloth diapers, but they are not NAEYC accredited. Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.