Looking for a pediatrician in So. Maine - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-07-2010, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Preferably somewhere between Kennebunk and Portland.  Looking for someone who takes insurance (so not Kathryn Landon-Malone), and who won't give us grief about not vaxing.  We're due mid-Jan, but at 35 weeks, it's creeping right up and I'm feeling some urgency around finding someone.  My other two kids already have a ped, but I prefer not to use her and have been wanting to change anyway.  We do well child checks mostly so doc is familiar with our family/children if something major happens, but mostly just treat with natural remedies and are pretty self-sufficient that way. 

I prefer not to use UHC for Kids for personal reasons, I've tried David Strassler and Mary Raleigh in Bidd/Saco but they aren't taking new patients and I know a lot of folks love Dr. Balzer, but traveling to Gray for appointments doesn't work for us. 

Any recommendations you have would be appreciated :-)

momma to DS9 ribbonjigsaw.gif, DD5 dust.gif, and the newest edition, DS born Jan 2011 hbac.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-12-2010, 11:54 AM

If you find someone let me know...we use Balzer but I must admit it's a drag traveling to Gray especially now that the kid is in school and we are selectively vaxxing. Yet I know of no one else between Saco and Portland other than the folks you have already mentioned.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#3 of 3 Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 AM

hey...

clearly you have found a ped. by now, but K Landon-Malone's group will give you a little slip to submit to the insurance company, and they will reimburse you!  That's what we do and it works just fine, it is just a small hassle but not too bad.  It just doesn't work for MaineCare...so we put the baby under daddy's insurance.  (I was a MaineCare patient...but they cut me off so now I'm uninsured.  I guess I'd better eat my vegetables etc)

hope you found somebody you like!  KLM is great for the vaccine issue, and in general as well.  Very low-intervention approach.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page