Single Momma Moving to Portsmouth and Needing HSing friends - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies,

I am raising my 3 sweet boys, ages almost 9, 6, and 5 months.  We homeschooling, with an unschooling vibe, and I am interested in all sorts of radical homemaking things like fermenting, knitting, and WAPF style diet (as best I can on a food stamp budget lol).

My older boys like Pokemon, legos, gaming (including the board/card games, too!), and lots of running around with friends.  IN our old state we did a math club and a Science club with some other moms twice a week and it was so much fun.  I also like to bake and share meals with other families, make kombucha, nutritious bone broths (sorry Vegan momma, I might drive ya nuts), etc.

Would love to meet other spiritual, like-minded gentle mothers, ideally who are also homeschooling so we can play and learn together.  If that is you or if you know of HSing groups meeting in the area, please email me at judutey@gmail.com.  We will be mostly without a car, so I need only real local activities.  

Thanks!

Khadijah

#2 of 3 Old 02-05-2011, 08:57 PM

Bummer, I wish you were a bit closer!! We have 3 boys that I think are getting a bit desperate to play with other boys. We are about 45mins north of Portsmouth, just off of Rt 16 in West Newfield, ME. I work at York Hospital so there are a few times the kids come down and head to the beach but not so often in the winter. Let me know if you're interested in getting together, I'm willing to head south on the weekends! Also there is a wonderful Seacoast Homelearners group that get together often, as soon as I remember the link I'll post it. Take care, Sarah

Here it is!

http://seacoasthomelearners.blogspot.com/

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#3 of 3 Old 02-06-2011, 06:44 PM

Hi! I am a single homeschooling momma of 4. I am seriously considering moving to Portsmouth NH. The only thing holding me back is how expensive housing seems. I am in a very HCL area and NH seems even higher. I'll definatly be in touch if I make the move :)

Peace

Jackie

Momma to fly-by-nursing1.gif, dust.gif, and twins.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page