Pediatrician in Concord, NH? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am looking for recommendations for a pediatrician in the Concord area -- preferably someone who takes the time to answer questions and wouldn't balk at spreading out vaccinations a little bit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#2 of 8 Old 01-26-2011, 07:03 AM

When we saw a ped in Concord we saw Eric Shulman at Dartmouth Hitchcock. He was good about talking to us and we don't vaccinate at all. He's not for it but he never once pressured us into doing what we weren't comfortable with. Do you live in Concord? I do. :)

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#3 of 8 Old 01-26-2011, 07:13 AM

Lynn Duran (sp) was at Family Tree with an office near the school in concord and an office in warner. I heard great things about him. We were going to go with him but ended up with Thompson in Peterborough instead.

We saw Bassey from Family Tree and he was great the one time we saw him (6 month old with a 3 day fever) he was very kind and listened / explained well.

This is somewhat old info......I forget when I last knew both of them to be there but it's a couple names to look into.

And I hi!!! From Deering (Hillsboro), I go to concord weekly smile.gif
#4 of 8 Old 01-26-2011, 05:03 PM

not a pediatrician but a family dr...the kids and i see dr lauren oshman at concord family medicine. she's been great about us spreading out the vaccines, is supportive of nursing/tandem nursng, and doesn't pressure us to do vaxs that we decide against (like chicken pox).

stillnessineyes likes this.
#5 of 8 Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 AM

Just wanted to revitalize this thread...I am looking for the same thing! 

I'll be checking out the doctors suggested, but I'm wondering if there are any new names or favorites now?  

Looking for a non/delay vax friendly Pedi and/or Family doc in or near Concord, NH. 

Thanks!

-Annette

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
#6 of 8 Old 07-14-2011, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for revitalizing this! Since I originally asked the question we've been to and left one practice in the Lakes Region. Now we're back to square one...

#7 of 8 Old 07-16-2011, 12:38 PM

Hi mama-

We've been really happy with Dr. Sawyer at Family Care Concord.  Just vaxed our DD for the first time and she is 4 1/2 years old...and he has always been really supportive about all of our choices. I've also had doula clients see Dr. Oshman (mentioned in a previous post) and are happy with their care.  Good luck!!

J - Birth doula and *very* grateful mama to bouncy Q, fancy F, and mighty F!

#8 of 8 Old 07-17-2011, 07:57 PM

Thank you for your reply! 

A few names is a great place to start for sure.  It's such a scary thing to have to find a new doctor with new insurance, even though we rarely have even had to use their services thus far, thankfully!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinbearzmama View Post

Hi mama-

We've been really happy with Dr. Sawyer at Family Care Concord.  Just vaxed our DD for the first time and she is 4 1/2 years old...and he has always been really supportive about all of our choices. I've also had doula clients see Dr. Oshman (mentioned in a previous post) and are happy with their care.  Good luck!!

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page