Blue Hill, ME area in summer w/3-yr-old? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-06-2011, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We'll be in the Blue Hill, ME area for a couple of weeks this summer. We've been before and can't wait to go back. Our older two kids will be in camp all day and I'm wondering if there might be any sort of drop in play space or other gathering place for the parents with young ones set. I'm sure we'll probably just be exploring most days, but sometimes it's nice to have somewhere to go and something to do! Any thoughts would be most appreciated -- thank you mamas!
#2 of 9 Old 04-10-2011, 07:50 PM

There is a playgroup that meets every wednesday at 10, if the weather is nice it will be at the park near the hospital, if it is raining happens at the library.

Mama to  Hadley (2/10) energy.gif& Sawyer (1/13) babyboy.gif familybed1.gif

#3 of 9 Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 PM

What camp will the older kids be at?

MERI is another fun place to visit with a preschooler. And Kneisel Hall does concerts for kids--I don't know if they have their schedule yet, but you should check that out. The concerts are at the library and we love them. There might be a yoga class happening this summer for ages 3-6. Look up the Community Health Alliance in Blue Hill to see if they post a schedule there. The class will probably take place at the park, which my dd is pretty excited about.

#4 of 9 Old 04-11-2011, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Ecoteat, they'll be at Nichols for two weeks (ages 6 and 4.5). Thanks for the info, I'll look up all of it. Yoga in the park sounds especially great. Thank you mothership, too, for the play group info. Sounds perfect. Will it be weird if a total stranger shows up, or us it advertised somewhere and open to the public?
#5 of 9 Old 04-12-2011, 04:39 PM

There have been total strangers who have shown up, some who don't even speak english.

#6 of 9 Old 04-14-2011, 06:58 AM

themothership, do we know each other? My dd is Phoebe and she'll be 5 next month. We used to go to the playgroup when she was littler, but not anymore.

OP, dd will probably do Scamp Camp this summer too--Maybe we'll run into you there!

#7 of 9 Old 04-14-2011, 12:10 PM

Ecoteat, probably not, my daughter is 13 months, we just started going last fall. We still don't make it regularly. We are across the bridge so it is a little bit of a drive for us.

#8 of 9 Old 05-05-2011, 08:19 AM

Hi, we stay the summer in E Blue Hill, I have 3 kids, 9 yrs, 7 yrs, and 3yrs old and we stay all summer pretty much each year as my wife works out of town so she flys in and out of Bangor so we have found all sorts of fun in the area.  Of course the park at the hospital in Blue Hill is a favorite spot, the talks at the Blue Hill Library on Friday mornings too.  We go to Bangor for kids museum and the amusement park where they have go karts-golf-arcade etc.......we love to go to the small places also like Brookline's shore where its quiet with a few boats, we find all these little beautiful spots.      Last year we drove up to Quoddy Head State Park which is on the coast at the Canadian border.  Its the most eastern point in USA with a lighthouse and a really fun trail the kids loved that went along the coast, very much fun however the little one you would have to watch close.  The kids really loved that day, its boring drive up and back but they said it was worth it.  Todd

#9 of 9 Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 PM

Hi!
If you are interested, there are also a lot of geocaches and letterboxes in the area! My girls LOVED doing it last summer, and they were 3 and 4 years old.
Check out letterboxing.org for more info on that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page