Ear piercing in VT?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-20-2011, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello :)

I'm trying to find a place for my 9 yo daughter to get her ears pierced. I really don't want to get it done with one of those mall guns that can't be sterilized, but I'm having trouble finding a place to do it. The place where I've gone to get tattoos done DOES do piercing, but it's not a child friendly place at all. Any recommendations?? I don't mind traveling for this, though it would be most convenient in or around Burlington VT.

TY <3

#2 of 5 Old 05-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Banned

Church street has numerous tattoo/ piercing parlors...My personal favorite, ugh I can't remember this was years ago was on the second floor right at the beginning of Church St and off of Main...So if you are walking down Main to Church  you turn right onto it and the shop is on the second floor on your right...Sigh I wish I could remember the name..

Personally for any piercing, including ears go to the professionals at a tattoo/piercing parlor, they will do a better job...are generally really friendly (even to those people freaked out by tons of tats) and a lot of them don't use the piercing guns at all because they are pros and can do a better job with a needle in the first place. Piercing guns can cause some problems I have been told ...by people who do piercings on all parts of the body.

#3 of 5 Old 05-20-2011, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

I had heard for years that it was much safer to go to a professional piercer, partly because those piercing guns can't be sterilized properly. There are plenty of places that do ear piercing here but they all use a gun. :(

#4 of 5 Old 05-20-2011, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Was it this place?

#5 of 5 Old 05-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Banned

ha...I do believe so..just call and ask if they can do it without a gun... a professional piercer should be able to manage ears...although it will hurt a little more than a gun because they do needle first then thread earing through after.. the gun is a straight shot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page