Need new pediatrician Yarmouth ME area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-09-2011, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My pediatrician made me cry today. I have had enough! I need a new doc, natural living and delayed vax friendly. Any suggestions???

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#2 of 4 Old 09-15-2011, 02:21 PM

Our family sees Dr. Paul Balzer, his office is at Pineland in New Gloucester, he is great!  He is supportive of delayed/no vax, makes house calls for babies born at home and is very open to alternative treatments.  He would never make you cry!

Michelle

#3 of 4 Old 09-15-2011, 04:00 PM

My home birth midwife (she is a NP now) will be joining Royal River Family Practice, her name is Deirdre. As of a few days ago, they were accepting new patients.

She is really great! Open-minded, natural-living, and just over all wonderful. I cannot wait til our next appointment!

Obviously, I recommend making a meet-n-greet appointment with her, just to make sure she meets your expectations.

#4 of 4 Old 10-09-2011, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

When we moved to Maine, we took our daughters to Kathryn Landon-Malone at True North in Falmouth.  She was wonderful, knowledgeable about natural and homeopathic remedies, etc.  She showed genuine concern, too, and responded readily to email and cell phone contact even on weekends! 

If we didn't live 4 hours away in downeast Maine, I would still take them to her.  (I did actually continue taking them there for the first 6 months after we moved -- scheduling appointments on Fridays and staying over with my sister.)  It is important to have a local provider, though, so I reluctantly moved on. The girls ask about her often. 

http://www.truenorthhealthcenter.org/kathryn_landon-malone.asp

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page