Looking for homeschool preschool kiddos in Vermont - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-13-2011, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone,

We just moved to the Bristol Vermont area and love it! We left a great homeschool coop though and are missing the like minded interaction for parents and our almost 3 year old. My husband now stays home with our daughter during the day and they'd love to play and hear about local activities.

Anyone?!?

Thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 10-14-2011, 03:18 AM

I don't know of anything specific but Building Bright Futures is a state funded program that seems to have organized playgroups in almost every town in Chittenden County so maybe there's something in Bristol too?  They have a website but don't seem to show the playgroups.  http://buildingbrightfutures.org/  I guess you'd have to use the contact info on the website to find out.

It looks like the library has a couple of toddler storytimes where you might find like-minded people.  http://www.lawrencelibrary.net/calendar.html

The public school might know about local homeschool groups.  I know that homeschool kids are included in field trips and afterschool sports.

Maman to Mlle. C born 2/22/09, Due with #2 at the end of May 2013

#3 of 5 Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!

My husband does take her to the Library for kids time almost 3 times a week. She's enjoying it, but none of the mamas really talk with him. One papa was there and talked with him, but my husband feels a little out of the loop being at new stay at home papa.

#4 of 5 Old 10-18-2011, 07:09 PM

There's a Daytime Dad's playgroup held by the Visiting Nurses Association your husband might be interested in.  It's up in Burlington so it'd be a bit of a trek. 

"Daytime Dads Open playgroup for dads and children ages birth to Kindergarten.
Call Josh at 862-2121 for information."  9:30 - 12:00 on Fridays at "The VNA FAMILY ROOM is located in St. Joseph’s School, at 20 Allen Street in Burlington. VNA FAMILY ROOM is part of the Visiting Nurse Association’s Family & Children’s Services Division, and
is one of three parent-child centers in Chittenden County."

Another website that might be handy is http://www.findandgoseek.net/

It's a VT kids specific event listing and review site.

Maman to Mlle. C born 2/22/09, Due with #2 at the end of May 2013

#5 of 5 Old 02-11-2012, 07:59 AM

Hey there mama! Addison County has an active homeschooling group...most families meet weekly to hang out, and us parents meet monthy at Ilsley Library on the last Monday of each month. My husband is a work-at-home dad and we do everything together as a family... we love meeting other very involved dads! Here is the website, check out the calendar and maybe we'll get a chance to meet up some time!

http://vtaddisoncountyhomeschoolers.webs.com/

Brooke: a glass~blowin' hand~drummin' tree~huggin' home~birthin' earth~lovin' goddess~mama of 3!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page