Looking for friends near Burlington, VT.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi moms!

We are fairly new to Vermont, and I am searching for some like-minded friends in the area! :-) We have two wonderful children, ages 6 (girl) and 8 (boy) and we live in South Burlington. We have nigerian dwarf goats, and a bunny and eat organic where possible. We are very holistic (practice homeopathy), live very green, and don't vaccinate!  I homeschool our son, and our daughter just started at a local holistic private school. Most of my friends are not very like-minded, although wonderful, and I am hoping to find some moms that think like I do!  wink1.gif

If you live in the area and would like to chat or meet up, please let me know! :-)

Take care -
Valerie :-))))

Mama to dd (6) and ds (8), organic living, no vax, homeopathy, SAHM and writer, nature photography, environmental health blogger, sewing mama, waldorf homeschool, one fish named tomato, four nigerian dwarf goats, barn kitty, and holland lop....and more farm animals to come!!!  chicken3.gif

#2 of 14 Old 01-07-2012, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Has anyone thought of starting a HMN chapter here in Vermont? Would there be any interest? joy.gif Valerie

Mama to dd (6) and ds (8), organic living, no vax, homeopathy, SAHM and writer, nature photography, environmental health blogger, sewing mama, waldorf homeschool, one fish named tomato, four nigerian dwarf goats, barn kitty, and holland lop....and more farm animals to come!!!  chicken3.gif

#3 of 14 Old 01-14-2012, 07:27 PM

Hi Valerie!

I live in Burlington- home with my two kids but they are a tad bit younger than yours. 3 and 1 :-)

I'd love it if you started a holistic moms network!

Sarah Campbell

Doula, Childbirth Educator, Happily married to DH heartbeat.gifand SAHMfemalesling.GIF 

DS bikenew.gif(12/08) and DD diaper.gif(02/11)

winner.jpgcd.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg

#4 of 14 Old 01-15-2012, 05:37 AM

I agree! I'd love if there was a HMN! :)

Amanda

Mom to Alex, 09/22/2008 and Owen, 04/14/2011

familybed2.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF

#5 of 14 Old 01-20-2012, 11:09 AM

We will be moving to Burlington from out of state in the next few months and I would love to get involved in this kind of community.  My kids are 6 (girl) & 3 (boy).  I would definitely join a HMN chapter, or any kind of informal group that gathers...

#6 of 14 Old 01-20-2012, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Hi again!

Sorry, it has been a busy week and I am just now checking this thread! :-) I spoke with a couple of other interested moms, and I think we are going to try to start with maybe dinner one evening soon at a restaurant in Williston or South Burlington. Would you guys be interested in meeting up?  You can email me directly at enviromom7@comcast.net.

Thanks!

Valerie :-) 

#7 of 14 Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 PM

We would love to meet some like-minded friends! Our kids are 3.5 and almost 2. We are fairly new to VT. I'd be happy to help start up a HMN group here!
#8 of 14 Old 01-25-2012, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all!  I have set up a first informal "mom's night out" for our holistic mom's group on this coming Saturday evening!  So far we have about thirteen coming, and a chiropractor who will speak briefly on the bill to ban the philosophical vaccine exemption in Vermont. If you are interested, please email me directly!  Thanks! Valerie  wink1.gif

#9 of 14 Old 01-26-2012, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Just to be clear, the group that is forming here near Burlington for holistic moms is not a HMN chapter. Not to say that it might not turn into that, if that is the direction we decide to head into, but for now we are just getting parents together and getting a sense of where this will go! I still need to research HMN and see what it has to offer, what is involved. Also, please let me know if you want to attend via direct email or pm as we have a reservation for the dinner and I need specific numbers. Thanks so much!!! Valerie

#10 of 14 Old 01-28-2012, 10:06 AM

Valerie (and everyone!)

I'm in Portland, ME (so not really available for dinner tonight! LOL) but wanted to let you know that I started an HMN Chapter here in Portland almost 2 years ago and it is fabulous! There is a TON of great leader training and resources to help you get a HMN Chapter going and many benefits for members nationally let alone at the local Chapter level. 

Feel free to email me if you want to chat more about what's involved in starting and running an HMN Chapter :)

thecrunchymom at gmail.com

Julie

:)

#11 of 14 Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 AM

Hi!

Just joined the community and started searching for local moms. Realize I'm late to the threat but wanted to say hi and find out where things went and if you're still meeting? I'm out in the islands, but would love to find a community of like-minded moms! I have two children, a son age 5 and a daughter age 2. Let me know if you're still planning on meeting regularly, and if you know of anyone else out here in Grand Isle County! :)

#12 of 14 Old 03-03-2012, 06:04 PM

Hello. I live in Hinesburg with a 5 year old and 1.5 year old.  We would love to find some like minded families in the area.  Any more plans to assemble?

#13 of 14 Old 03-06-2012, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Hi there moms!

Sorry for the late repsonse, but I was out of town visiting family!  You guys should join the holistic moms group for Chittenden/surrounding areas. Here is the link - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Holistic_Families_CV/.  I have been trying to set up some playdates and meetings, but it is moving slowly. If we have some moms who are interested in getting together for a little hike, or playdate, then that's a good start!  If you guys join, then I will post again about a get-together.  Also, you might be interested in this other group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Parents_Think_Twice/, which is national group, but has local focus for connecting resources, etc.  These two groups overlap in some areas certainly, but the goal is to connect with other holistic families!

You can also email me directly at enviromom7@comcast.net.

Valerie joy.gif

#14 of 14 Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi... I live in St. Albans, its about 25 minutes north from Burlington. I moved to Burlington (although a born and raised Vermonter) three years ago. I then moved up here to St. Albans about 1.5 years ago. I have three boys. My eldest is almost 20, and then 11 for the middle, and 7 for my youngest. I have'nt really gained any friends since moving. I have had my plate very full, I go to Champlain College full time (graduating with a BS in graphic design in May... YAY!!),and also with working, and kids... looking for friends was kinda low on my "to do" list. Because life will ease up quite a bit after April, I would love to get some friends that had the same ideals as my own. My wonderful BF has tried to get me to hang out with his cousins wife, but, alas, she is not my type in the least. She has a very narrow outlook... bring on the c-sec, vaccines, and chemically altered foods for her! hammer.gif

Not something I can deal with easily. I have a very hard time biting my tongue around her. But like I always say, it hurts to bite my tongue, thats why I speak my mind... haha!!

Anyway... Just thought I would toss out there that theres another momma around these parts! 

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ Lucianna Quinn born at home in the water ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Mom to 3 Boys; Nick (22), Gavin (14), and Peyton (10) And the little girl who's a crazy Toddler! Madly in LOVE with my soul mate Jason 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page