New to Nashua - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-01-2012, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I arrived to NH 2 1/2 weeks ago from Texas.  We moved from the Dallas area with a great farmers market and 2 great health food stores with in 30 minutes.  Downtown was a quick train ride away and they had a great museum district and tons of places to see plays and go to fun family festivals.  I am hoping to find something similar here.  Are there local health food stores, museums and playhouses/ theaters?  I would also love to find some like minded people to hang out with.  We try to eat locally, do attachment parenting, and love to spend time outside.  I would also love to find a great local yoga studio.  Anyone with info about Nashua please share!!  Thanks!

Jen:, mommy to Angel: 2/12/06, proud wife: to Patrick 5/13/02, hoping for one on the way someday soon!

#2 of 9 Old 02-18-2012, 02:34 PM

Hi - welcome to Nashua!!!  There is a Trader Joe's right across the border in Tyngsboro that will be moving to Nashua over the Summer.  There is also a new natural market coming to Amherst St this Spring.  There are a ton of farmers markets around. I have a link somewhere with a list of them I will try to find.  There is also a local AP group, not sure if you have found it or not, and they do field trips and such. There is a discovery stop indoor playplace in Londonderry and a Science Museum in Manchester.  There is a great yoga studio in merrimack - moving spirit - and i have heard good things about the studio in hollis on broad st....Hope I helped!

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

#3 of 9 Old 02-23-2012, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks mirpmama!  Your information is extremely helpful and welcome. One quick question about the AP group, is it just for preschoolers and homeschoolers or is everyone welcome?  Thanks again for your reply!

Jen:, mommy to Angel: 2/12/06, proud wife: to Patrick 5/13/02, hoping for one on the way someday soon!

#4 of 9 Old 03-08-2012, 06:00 AM

Hi! Welcome to Nashua! I have a 9 month old and am pretty crunchy myself. :-)  I run a local babywearing/parenting group, you should check us out! We have meetings and outings coming up. www.wearbears.net. It's open to all ages and stages. While it's not specifically only for AP parents, I think you'll find many like-minded folks. We have an outing this coming Saturday at the Pheasant Lane Mall. We're meeting at the food court at 1:00.

In regards to Farmer's Markets, you have to kind of look around. There is a farm stand set up at Haywards Ice Cream at certain points of the year. They're located at the rotary were Main St. meets the Daniel Webster Highway. There is also a weekend Farmer's Market on Main St. Here's some info: http://downtownnashua.org/calendar2-2/farmers-market/

There is the Currier Art Musuem in Manchester. Other than that, the only other musuems I know of that are close are in Lowell, MA. 

Some stores you may like are Mother & Child in Nashua and Nini Bamibini in Bedford.

#5 of 9 Old 03-12-2012, 04:25 PM

Welcome to the area!  We have a winter farmers' market that meets every other Saturday at the town hall in Milford.  Beaver Brook is located in Hollis with lots of trails for walking in the woods.  There's also Mines Falls in Nashua for taking walks.  For theaters there is the Amato Center in Milford and the Palace Theater in Manchester.  Not far away in Westford, MA is the Butterfly Place.  It's a gorgeous indoor butterfly garden and it's where I got married.

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

#6 of 9 Old 03-12-2012, 04:31 PM

Oh and I almost forgot there is a cute children's museum in Peterborough called the Mariposa.

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

#7 of 9 Old 04-11-2012, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the info!!  We are still settling in and finally starting to meet a few folks.  I guess people hibernate here regardless of snow.  Totally understandable!  We have discovered Mine Falls Park and look forward to meeting some like minded people at a few of the groups you ladies mentioned.  Thanks again for your assistance!  

#8 of 9 Old 06-27-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Update:

We are settling in well, but would love to meet up with some like minded people this summer.  Now that school is over our social calendar is looking sparse.  DD, the dog, and I all go hiking/ walking at Mine Falls Park and Erin's Trail @ Roby Park regularly (usually Monday & Wednesday AM).  We are thinking of adding Beaver Brook in Hollis at some point.  If anyone would like to join us we would love the company!  I also discovered that the Nashua library has museum passes available for all card holders.  It is a great (and inexpensive) way to check out local museums. 

#9 of 9 Old 07-23-2012, 01:10 PM

Sorry!! Just took the time to update myself over here on Mothering...EVERYONE is welcome on the AP boards!! You can find them as a yahoo group or on facebook.....

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page