Childcare recommendations in Augusta, ME? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-16-2012, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for childcare in the Augusta area for my baby daughter, she'll be 5 months old when we start (August).  We're breastfeeding and cloth diapering, etc.  I've tried looking online and in the yellow pages but short of getting in my car and looking for people with signs out I'm not having much luck.  My ideal would be a stay-at-home mom who would watch my daughter along with her own child(ren), or a very small daycare setting.

If you're not from this area, do you have any other ideas where I might find someone?  I'm already back at work but my mom has agreed to watch her until August.  I don't know a lot of people in this area and very few with small children or babies.  Thanks!

Homebirthing | Babywearing | Clothdiapering | Cosleeping | Mama

#2 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

I don't but I thought I'd bump your post up for attention. Welcome to Mothering! :)

#3 of 6 Old 06-26-2012, 07:38 PM

Howdy, LorienEllen.

I just moved to Winthrop and will be squirtin' my little girl out in Sept (wink). Will be looking for flexible child-care in the same (basic) area for childcare starting in Jan of next year. Let me know if you find anything good - will do the same for you. I also don't know many ladies or gents with small children around here.... I actually never expected to be a breeder (wink). Feeling happy about the surprise, but man, what a life-changer, and she's not even here yet!   -Lauren

#4 of 6 Old 06-28-2012, 04:08 PM

I stay at home with my son so I can't help you there, but welcome to Augusta!
#5 of 6 Old 06-28-2012, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies!  For some reason they weren't getting mailed to me so I didn't see them until just now.  I may have had some luck with Craigslist - believe it or not - and will keep my fingers crossed.  I'm thankful my mom has agreed to watch her until we find someone good so there's not a deadline anymore... still, I never thought it would be such a challenge!

Homebirthing | Babywearing | Clothdiapering | Cosleeping | Mama

#6 of 6 Old 11-02-2012, 06:31 PM

Hi ladies, I know this could possibly be quite late, but I'm in the Augusta area. Just minute from the Augusta Walmart, over the line, in Sidney. I homeschool, and am a stay at home mother. I'm looking to bring in a couple kiddos with the New Year if anyone is still in need. We strongly support cloth diapering, and breastfeeding etc. Very open to your childs diet with many or little restrictions as well. I've had experience with most of them! Willing to offer light schooling as well, alongside my Kindergartener.  I would love to chat more. My email is realtreemommy@yahoo.com 

Hope I can help in some way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page