Nashua NH - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My family is looking into moving to Nashua and would like to know anything and everything any of you know about living in the area around The Clocktower Place.  We will be leasing/renting for a while.  I will be headed to Nashua the first week of September on a housing fact finding mission so anyone who would like to chime in, please do.  Thanks in advance. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 02:06 PM

What are you looking to know?? I have lived in Nashua my whole life and would be happy to give you some info if you gave me some specifics you were looking for. :)

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

Old 07-23-2012, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

What? You aren't a mind reader?  haha - Sorry that was pretty vague.  I was wanting to know if it is a safe area to live in?  Convenient to public transportation.  About all I could find online was DON'T LIVE IN THE TREE STREET area.  I don't know what that means!? or really exactly why or where it is. 

I guess I wouldn't mind knowing what you love about your city.  Thanks.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:18 PM

Downtown Nashua is where the Tree streets are and where clocktower is.  You can look at the tree streets from clocktower,  It is not the greatest of neighborhoods, but it is not horrible either and the clocktower apartments are beautiful.  There is pretty decent public transportation from downtown and there are a few small markets you can walk to from there as well as the library.  Main st has a lot of great restaurants and some neat stores. I love Nashua.  We live in the north end of town, right on the hollis line, so where we are it is very woodsy and we have tons of wildlife and a big yard, but we are minutes from stores and hospitals and restaurants etc.  NH in general is great - close to the ocean, mountains etc and it is pretty friendly to AP and homeschooling - which is super awesome for us!

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

Old 07-25-2012, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you!  That is exactly what I thought you would say.  I read some pretty scathing comments about the Tree Streets area but thought they sounded a little - I don't know - exaggerated is the best word I can come up with. 

I am looking forward to my trip in Sept to tour the apartments. And other places if I can.  We are a family of 3 now.  My husband, who spends most of the year overseas, our 16 year old son who has always homeschooled and me.  Oh and our cat Angus.  Our other 5 children are either married, on their on or in college.  In fact my trip in Sept is a side trip from taking our second daughter to Carleton University in Ottawa where she will complete her degree. 

Thanks again for your time.  I look forward to falling in love with Nashua as well. 

User Tag List