Any NEK mama's out there - looking for some resources - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good Afternoon everyone. I am resource hunting and looking to connect with like minded mama's. This forum was a huge help for me when I lived in the DC area while pregnant with DS. I am now pregnant again but have relocated to the NEK (off Rt. 100 so I'm West of a lot of NEK people I think) and have no resources (we've been here only since August). Well I shouldn't say no resources, I have a lot over in the St. J area but it's a bit of a drive! 

So here's what I'm looking for!

1. Midwife (homebirth) information and recommendations. My midwife in Maryland went to jail on my son's first birthday (they were making a martyr of her and she was a CPM). I'm a bit scared.

2. Playdates (on weekends). My son needs some kiddo time. I have some neighbors but a lot of them farm (as do we) and I also don't have a vehicle.

Hmm...that's all I can think of right now. I had more I know I do!

namaste

Momma of an amazing little man on 3/16/10, pregnant with #2 due in June...married to the man of my dreams. Living in a little town in the rural world of New England and loving my life. <3

#2 of 26 Old 01-22-2013, 06:21 PM

Hi there!

I would strongly recommend Natanya Champney for a midwife....she was mine during a bit of a crazy pregnancy that resulted in very preterm labor. She is based in Littleton, NH but services Norther Vt families as well. She is AMAZING and has three boys of her own. You can contact her through www.asitwasmidwifery.com

I grew up in the NEK in Derby Line. I now live in central NH. Congrats on baby two!

Best,

Carriw

Me, slinggirl.gif mama to 1.5 yr old kid.gifDS, step mama to two tweens, married to a sarcastic sports nut censored.gif. We are unschooling! mdcblog5.gif http://twocoolfourschool.wordpress.com/

#3 of 26 Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 AM

Hi there, 

I want to put a  second Natanya. I am pregnant with my third baby (due May 3) and am using her. I already love her, and have heard other great recommendations for her as well. 

I live in the Newport area and I have a four year old daughter and six year old son. Welcome! 

-Hannah

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#4 of 26 Old 01-24-2013, 08:55 AM

P.S. Hi Carrie! Seeing you on here reminds me that i would love to hang with you next time you are around. 

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

#5 of 26 Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontgirl View Post

P.S. Hi Carrie! Seeing you on here reminds me that i would love to hang with you next time you are around. 

LOL...love what a small word anything with the NEK becomes! Yes lets plan a date.

Me, slinggirl.gif mama to 1.5 yr old kid.gifDS, step mama to two tweens, married to a sarcastic sports nut censored.gif. We are unschooling! mdcblog5.gif http://twocoolfourschool.wordpress.com/

#6 of 26 Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I will check out her site.

Hannah, not sure you remember me. You and I chatted a while at the market while you were working when I first moved into the area. Congrats on the baby. You were expressing how you would love to have more when we chatted so I'm so pleased for you :-)

namaste

Momma of an amazing little man on 3/16/10, pregnant with #2 due in June...married to the man of my dreams. Living in a little town in the rural world of New England and loving my life. <3

#7 of 26 Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenVariety View Post

Thanks ladies! I will check out her site.

Hannah, not sure you remember me. You and I chatted a while at the market while you were working when I first moved into the area. Congrats on the baby. You were expressing how you would love to have more when we chatted so I'm so pleased for you :-)

namaste,

Wysteria

Mama date?!

#8 of 26 Old 01-25-2013, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

We only have one vehicle so I'm home bound most days. What were you thinking :-) I'd definitely be interested in connecting with more women/mama's around here.

#9 of 26 Old 01-25-2013, 04:50 PM

Nothing specific.....I come to the NEK quite a bit bc my folks live their. What parts of the NEK are you located in? It is always nice for moms and their LO"S to get together, good for everyone.

#10 of 26 Old 01-26-2013, 06:53 AM

Im trying to think. I would probably remember you the second I saw you again but I am having a major brain fart. Thanks, I am super psyched to have one more. 

#11 of 26 Old 01-26-2013, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

You fell in love with my son. He was two and a half at the time. Running around the store being chased by my husband :-) We had just moved up from Maryland.

Anyway. We live in Lowell (all my extended family lives in the NEK but I grew up in Waitsfield). And if I can work it timing and vehicle wise, I would love to get together. My son is 3, would he be too old/young for your kiddo's?

#12 of 26 Old 01-26-2013, 04:53 PM

I remember now! Your son (I forgot his name) has blond hair and is absolutely precious. How fun to find you on here! 

Esther Maple is 4, and she is a young 4 year old. She would totally play with your little guy. Harvest is six, but he is in school most days. Lets get together! I have Esther on Mondays and Thursdays. She goes to preschool on the other school days. 

-Hannah

#13 of 26 Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

I'm in :-) Except for the vehicle factor ;-)

#14 of 26 Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 PM

Another mama in the nek. Natanya is a great midwife! I think we have met... Pming ya...
#15 of 26 Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Koalamom, thanks for the input! I hadn't been on MDC for a long time either...I got on to post this and have been posting in other area's too. I've given up facebook...maybe this is my new "connecting" forum.

#16 of 26 Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 AM

Esther and I could come to you. It would be great!

#17 of 26 Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds wonderful. PM me with what you are thinking. BTW not sure if you noticed but you are due the month before me :-) I have a neighbor due around the same time as well I believe...Koalamom's sister actually.

#18 of 26 Old 01-28-2013, 05:45 PM

I want to come too shy.gif....would a Tue or Friday ever have potential...I don't work those days, Fridays would be even better bc I could also go visit my folks!

#19 of 26 Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avismama24 View Post

I want to come too shy.gif....would a Tue or Friday ever have potential...I don't work those days, Fridays would be even better bc I could also go visit my folks!

Lets do a Friday! I could keep Esther that day. 

#20 of 26 Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Either day would be fine for me. I am here. Nap time is around 12:30/1 but I know Grayson will be trilled for the kid company! Let me know! And we can work out the details.

#21 of 26 Old 03-05-2013, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Mama's, I would like to open my home for a play date here in the near future. My son could REALLY use some kiddo time (and I could use some adult time). Morning would be idea for (10 ish?) as we have animals and stuff. If this is something that works out and you all love it as much as my son will, perhaps we could consider starting a monthly or bi-monthly. I have a few women with kiddo's that I can invite close to me as well. We could, if you would like, even become more directed eventually. I also have read of women doing it where it's continuum based and they do activities with the children or just planned activities with themselves and then the children can be involved or not.

If you wanted to rotate I could do that with weekends as I have access to a vehicle on weekends too!

namaste

#22 of 26 Old 04-14-2013, 01:22 PM

Hi there, so sorry I didn't see this. I am definitely into this. For a short while I am staying close to home because I have a very new baby. :) In a couple weeks I will be up for it. Ill pm you when I am ready to venture out. :)

#23 of 26 Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 AM

Hey there we are here in NEK and seeking like minded folks to spend time with what are the ages of your wee ones- Mine 14, 12, 11, 2 we are wanting to begin a play group here at our farm in Island Pond-

Warmly Sienna

#24 of 26 Old 12-26-2013, 01:36 PM

Hey there I am seeking mamas in the NEK where are you at?

#25 of 26 Old 01-27-2014, 04:45 PM

Hi there. I don't have a little one or know of a midwife but I am a "neighbor" in Albany, VT :) 

flower.gif Amanda flower.gif

Conservative, Christian, and Crunchy!

Wife of T, Mom of Z18, E15, M14, and D10.

Praying for a Reversal Blessing! 

#26 of 26 Old 02-05-2014, 08:02 PM

I am in NEK, We're close to Lyndonville/St Johnsbury. My son is 4 and we don't have many like minded people to hang with either. Winter is tough! :cold:flipped

familybed1.gif   novaxnocirc.gif   treehugger.gif   bfolderchild.gif   homebirth.jpg  signcirc1.gifcd.gif    angel.gif one Angel Son

pos.gif Due in DEC 2014!

kid.gif Boy born 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page