New to Southern NH need recs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-28-2013, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

We are a pretty crunchy family, moving to NH this week, and know no one, eeeekkk!!  We have 3 kiddos DS7, DS5, and DD2.  We co sleep, I bf our 2 yo, homeschool, try to practice most aspects of attachment parenting, and eat as cleanly and organic as possible.   I'd love some recs for great things to do for families with young children in the area.  Great libraries, parks, farmers markets, homeschool groups, etc. near Manchester, NH(or up to 30 minutes away).  Also,  community theater and kids rec sports (specifically soccer and hockey) and places to take nature-type classes for kids. 

We are so excited to explore such a beautiful area!  Thanks! :)

#2 of 4 Old 06-02-2013, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't remember anything specific there, but I know that there were a ton of awesomely fun things for kids in/around Manchester & Concord.  I miss the NE!

#3 of 4 Old 08-26-2013, 12:55 PM

I just moved here from VT and I'm feeling pretty isolated as well! I know a few people but still looking for that crunchy mama community... would love to hear what others have to say!

Doula, Childbirth Educator, Happily married to DH heartbeat.gifand SAHMfemalesling.GIF 

DS bikenew.gif(12/08) and DD diaper.gif(02/11)

winner.jpgcd.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg

#4 of 4 Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 PM

My dd is 18 months (also expecting number 2 in january) and we're pretty crunchy! No vax, i plan on homeschooling, breastfed till 1 year, we eat organic/non GMO and I make all my household cleaners (thank God for tea tree oil and vinegar!). Would be great to meet other like-minded moms! I am in southern NH not far from Manchester. Have you checked out benson's park? It's in hudson and is really nice! A great playground, walking area, a pond, and even a dog park.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page