Introduction! Homeschooling mom in NH! :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-20-2014, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Introduction! Homeschooling mom in NH! :)

Hello!

I was here a million years ago it feels like, but I got lost in Facebook land for a while. I'm trying to focus more locally and forumly...so here I am!

Just re-introducing myself.
Mom of 2 boys, with a new baby on the way in Winter. We live in central/southern NH and I am a Waldorf homeschooler...as much as I can be with a tech husband.
I would LOVE to find or make a co-op for others of like mind with schooling, but as yet have not found many Waldorfy families in THIS area. ..but I don't mind driving, and we are looking to move/buy in the next few years.

Glad to be here!

~Namaste~
Annette

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-21-2014, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

wow...76 views and no comments!?

Way to be friendly folks
Did I say something wrong???

#3 of 4 Old 07-22-2014, 03:39 PM

I just read your post because I'm stalking New England. We would like to relocate to NH in the next couple years. I'm sorry you are having a hard time finding like minded mamas. I'm in the same boat where I live.

<3Katie
#4 of 4 Old 07-22-2014, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

It's not easy relocating to a new state!
I actually HAVE found several awesome mommas/families who are AP at least...but in my case, it's the Waldorf factor that is harder to come by. If we go South, it's more present, because the school community is near the school. For the AP and Naturally minded family, NH is actually REALLY good IMO. It seems really polarized actually; either the families are more AP OR they are full on spanking, etc...
Just my observation.
MUCH of this area has natural lifestyles though...baby wearing, etc...but PARENTING style and philosophy is another kettle.

We've been here 3 years now, and I'm finally getting the swing of it all, have a few friends, familiar with chunks of the state...and online has made a HUGE difference.
I suggest joining some local groups to the area, and just poke your head in. Facebook helped me a lot.

Good luck!
Feel free to message me too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page