Anyone Seen Chickenpox Around These parts lately?? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2009, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2 1/2 yr old I want to get the chicken pox. I am in the sunapee area but will travel. If any one hears anything PLEASE let me know. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2009, 02:27 PM

Don't get too excited but I exposed 2 of my boys yesterday down in MA, and another NH mom did too so hopefully between the 2 of us someone will come down with the pox in a couple of weeks. I'll post the second a spot appears!!

Sarah

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

Old 08-10-2009, 06:26 PM

we would love some here too we are in durham and my 6 year old got them at age 3 but my middle boy who was 18 months at the time never got them so i now have a 4 year old and a 16 month old i would like to expose.
i will keep my fingers crossed for you
Old 08-10-2009, 10:30 PM

Still looking for them in Burlington too!

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Old 08-11-2009, 04:53 PM

I am in Burlington and if your kid's get it in New Hampshire I will drive down to expose my 2 year old, I have relatives in the Milford area. Please post if you do see pox!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:02 PM

Windydawnm, will you post here if you do get them and possibly share with another Burlington mama?

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Old 08-13-2009, 06:32 PM

absolutely pumpkin, hopefully I'll be able to soon, I have been looking for a long time.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:32 AM

They were somewhere in Portland Maine 2-3 months ago, my DS caught them. They were so mild that I felt cautious about posting them, and by the time we got the dx the doctor said he wasn't much contagious anymore. I have no idea where he got them, I think probably from the cart at Target.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
Windydawnm, will you post here if you do get them and possibly share with another Burlington mama?
if y'all get them could ya let me know

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

Old 08-23-2009, 11:24 PM

Hey folks

My oldest came down with the pox this morning (aug 23rd) and we would be willing to share them with a few folks. My four year old is "prickly" and needs a lot of quiet home time, so we'd like to only have folks over one more time, especially folks that we don't know. I know it's short notice, but I'm thinking tomorrow afternoon (that's Monday) around 3pm. If folks want to send me a private message with their phone number, I will check back on the computer in mid-morning and call folks with directions.

Cheers
Angie

Angie, Mama to Finn (6/01) and Theo (4/05)
Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 AM

We're still looking down in Dover, NH. but would be willing to head to Maine...old friends are there too! If we haven't missed the window.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:29 PM

Just wanted to say that we are finished with the chicken pox parties in Maine, but hopefully we spread them around a lot. We've had lots of kids over in the last three days and now I'm going to let my boys be "sick"

Good luck to those who are still searching

Angie

Angie, Mama to Finn (6/01) and Theo (4/05)
Old 08-27-2009, 01:55 AM

Hi! Please help! I am looking for a child with chicken pox to expose my 2 kids rather then get the vaccination. Please contact me if anyone in this area has them! Thanks!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 PM

I'm still looking. Any luck Anyone??
Old 08-30-2009, 11:47 PM

We're hoping to see some symptoms next week so keep your calenders open, (2 wks post exposure will be the 8th), !

Thanks so much Angie, hope your boys were able to recuperate quietly. It was funny, a couple of days later my eldest was telling a story about going to your place and referred to it as "the freckle house", and when I asked him why he said, "because both of the boys had freckles!!" We'll probably have the triple freckle house if they get my skin!!

Take care,
Sarah

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

Old 09-08-2009, 11:45 AM

We were exposed last Friday here in NH. Still early, but hoping for symptoms soon.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:04 PM

If you do come down with spots, I am willing to travel! I am currently unemployed, so it wouldn't cost me a thing to stay home with DS while he is sick. *crossing my fingers*

Old 09-14-2009, 11:41 AM

I will post here. Today is day 10. No signs yet. Keep those fingers crossed!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:19 PM

I'm in Portland and would LOVE to hear if there are any new pox from your pox exposures!

I've exposed my kids twice (maybe three times, can't remember!!) but so far, no pox -- thinking they're either immune or I'm just missin' the timing...

I'd drive to NH so my kiddos could have a sip of water with a poxy kid LOL

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:45 PM

LOL!
This is our second try. I exposed my 2 year old in MAy with no luck.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:02 PM

I'm anxiously awaiting the results of your exposure as well!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:35 PM

I was wondering if you would be interested....
Everyone keep your fingers crossed!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:44 PM

We're on day 20 of the last exposure and nothing yet:. However...there was another exposure just last week, in SW Maine, and I'll be getting a phone call if it was successful, we'll try again!!!

Sarah

Old 09-15-2009, 11:28 AM

fingers and toes crossed, good luck
Old 09-15-2009, 12:58 PM

We have it here is Strafford, NH. This is day 1 for daughter #2. I am thinking Friday might be a good day to have folks over but if anyone really wants it....really any day is fine. In both of our cases it starts with a fever and a few spots. Day 1 is mild spots. Day 2 the spots are plentiful and redder. Daughter #1 had more red spots with a small fuild filled center. Daughter #2 has ones that look more like big blisters.

JEnQ
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 PM

Just wanted to say HEY JAMIE! Hope your kiddos got it from us. Also, I just wanted to share our pox protocol with anyone who is interested. If anyone comes to get our pox we can have another herbal brew party like I did sith Jamie . The herbs we used a readily available this season but will eventually die off this fall.. Now is the best time to make up some brew and freeze it in case of winter exposure...

So I have this great poison ivy rememdy that I brew up and freeze for poison ivy. I thought i'd try it for our pox and it seemed to work well for itch/healing etc.. The basic recipe is Sweetfern, Jewelweed, Aloe (fresh), and Colloidal Silver (I brew the silver so it's cheap). This time around we also added some calendula, chickweed and plantain. I'm sure other stuff could be added based on what you have available.... If anyone need help IDing these herbs let me know I can post links to photos. They are easy to find and easy to ID.

I take about 10 full stalks of Jewelweed (I use all parts), some fresh aloe (maybe 3-4 4-5" leaves) and put them in the food processor with some CS (colloidal silver) you can use water if you don't have any (if anyone wants some I have it cheap . Just enough to really puree the jewelweed. Then I strain out the liquid into a large pot for the final mixture. Reserve the pulverized mess too. Then I take about 10 full sprigs of sweetfern (10 " stalks) and remove all the leaves and put them in a pot. You can add whatever other herbs you have at this point..plantain, calendula and chickweed. I boil water in a teapot and pour the water over this mixture... Just enought to cover the herbage plus 3" of water. Let this steep for 30 minutes. THen add in the Jewelweed pulp also and allow to mingle until cool. Strain everything and add liquid to your jewelweed liquid. I strain first with a colander, then with a thin distowel or cheesecloth IN the colander to remove any particles. Sometimes I add some more CS or water depending on how thick and green it looks. This should be refrigerated or frozen. I like to put it into some ice cube trays and freeze the cubes in case I need them for rashes in the winter.

I have a teeny little spray bottle that I can put a days worth into and leave it out to use throughout the day - I have found that poxy kids don't like to be sprayed with cold water. I keep the stock mix in the fridge. I have 4 bags of frozen mixture. I might make more just to help out anyone who gets pox in winter from our infection stream! lol

We are also using Rhus Tox 6c and Sulfur 6C alternating 3 X/ day. And Echinacea astragalus for immune support. On the really bad fever day, I did give my first daughter some Motrin at night but I am thinking Benadryl might have been better. On the worst day (3-4) oatmeal bath 2X felt nice. For pox in throat/ mouth - raspberry leaf tea made into popsicles. You can add lemon balm (may also help the virus) or other yummy herbs to this to make it nicer. I didn't give CS internally in the early stages because I didn't want to kill the virus and not have it run its course BUT I did give it to my daughter to swish and gargle when her mouth pox were bothering her. I sprayed straight CS on the yoni pox and in the hair. The oatmeal bath was good for the yoni pox too. We are using Dr. Christopher's BF&C salve to prevent scarring. You can find it cheapest on iHerb (thanx Jamie

Anyways folks..let me know if you need pox or help with remedy

JEnQ
Old 09-18-2009, 09:37 AM

Thanks Jenquin for havin myself and my son over. I will let you all know the resulst ing 10 days or so.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:28 PM

Hi back at you Jen!

My kiddos had their second exposure Saturday(Thank U Jen). It was a good one too...tooth brush sharing, a bath, and a movie snuggle. I will keep everyone posted here if we get it. We are on day 17 of the first exposure and Day 3 of the second.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:05 AM

Oh I totally want in on this. I'm in southern NH but will travel!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:12 PM

I am from MA but am willing to travel...hoping that someone will want to share! I unfortunately had to miss all the MA parties! I am hoping to get it and spread it back here!

Lets see some blisters!

User Tag List