OB on gulf coast? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-21-2009, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone offer any recommnedations for an ob on the coast? I am hoping to also have a doula but will be doing a hospital birth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 PM

are you military? where are you located?

Kelly, wife to J and mama to our precious A, HE'S 5! and the parasite will emerge on or before Sept 24, 2010!
#3 of 6 Old 10-08-2009, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

I am not military, and live in ocean springs
#4 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 04:32 PM

I go to Dr Jones - Biloxi ob/gyn. DO NOT go with his partner!! He delivered both my kids, at Biloxi Regional. I'm not a huge fan of the hospital - they do take the baby for a few hours after birth, and when the Ped does his rounds. They don't have LCs either, but I can recommend a few wonderful LCs/LLL leaders.
#5 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 10:16 PM

sorry, my only personal experience is with keesler. i havent lived there in about 2 years but when i was there i remember the general complaint about the area hospitals was the mother/baby separation. a friend of mine (IBCLC) used to work at one of them (ill check for you if you like). i also remember rumors of mandatory formula supplementation, but i dont know how they could enforce something like. i love the gulfport LLL group, definitely start going if you havent already, just to line up your pp support.

good luck!

Kelly, wife to J and mama to our precious A, HE'S 5! and the parasite will emerge on or before Sept 24, 2010!
#6 of 6 Old 01-04-2010, 06:57 PM

bradley sams at ocean springs. love him. his wife is sheli milam. she doesn't deliver anymore, she delivered my 2nd son and brad delivered my 3rd. they are the best!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page