Has anyone used Beginnings Birth Center in Fort Smith, AR? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm actually in Fayetteville but have read a little about this place but nothing recently. So, has anyone used it recently? Is Anita Rissler still there? How was your experience? If this isn't open anymore, is there another good option in NWA? The great Berryville hospital is no longer an option. Thanks!

bf'ing, co-sleeping, ec'ing mama to the red headed wonder boy since 3-28-08.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 03:43 PM

i think its closed anita went to berryville, but they closed the practice since her ob retired not sure what she is doing now. how about a homebirth? I'm in fayetteville too btw.

Married the love of my life : on 3/18/06, SAHM to Livi 3/11/07 : and Eva 10/10/09 :
Old 03-13-2010, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Well, even if I wanted to consider a homebirth, my husband would NEVER, EVER, not in one million years, go for it. He's just been along for the "crunchy" ride over here. That is so sad that both of those good places are gone! That pretty much leaves WRMC. Have you heard anything about CNM Mari Slape? I would really love it if another birth center opened up in the next several months.

How long have you been in F'ville? We just moved here last fall, so I still feel really new!

Tracy

bf'ing, co-sleeping, ec'ing mama to the red headed wonder boy since 3-28-08.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:43 AM

Yeah, it closed in early '07. Which was ironic to me as I had just recently become pregnant. They were clearing out the building when I went to talk with them. I was disappointed at first, but we had a homebirth and that was a much better way, imo.

FS seriously needs another birth center. The hospitals here are lousy and there need to be other (better) options for those who do not want to birth at home.

Have you been to the NWA Birth Network site?

http://www.birthnetworknwa.org/

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
Old 03-16-2010, 03:18 PM

been here since 03 ( moved here for college) I used mari slape with my first one (ended in a c/s for breech) She is nice, but very medical. please pm me for more info on wrmc. I would probably say contact the birth network, they can give you the scoop on natural birth friendly providers. i would recomend berryville. they do waterbirths, have telemetry, a big bed in one room for cosleeping families drugs by request only. they consider themselves a birth center within a hospital and the nurses are more like doulas. Also, should it end in a c/s, theirs are by far the most mother friendly. also st marys would be the next best choice. also i know a very good monitrice that you could hire to labor with you at home so that you can stay home as long as possible before going to the hospital. sorry dh wont do a homebirth. somehow I was able to convince my dh after we watched the business of being born together and reading thru some research on homebirth saftey. he is a total convert now, even tells strangers that our daughter was born at home. he was a hard sell since his dad is a doctor. so i understand your situation with homebirth, a lot of dads are that way

Married the love of my life : on 3/18/06, SAHM to Livi 3/11/07 : and Eva 10/10/09 :
Old 07-15-2011, 04:16 PM

Just in case anyone comes back to read this thread...

Please come check out www.arklahomabirth.blogspot.com

When the birth center closed it left a void in this area and we are working to fill the gap. We can help you find the care you are looking for and are a community based resource for everything pregnancy, birth, and mothering. Thanks!

User Tag List