Arkansas area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! Dh and I have been looking at possible areas to move to and Arkansas (Ozark area) is one of the possibilities. I was wondering if there is anyone here that can tell me more about the area. Looking for something quiet and secluded. Also need homeschool info too. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 03-28-2010, 05:25 PM

I'm in North Central Arkansas in a little town called Mtn. Home.

I would recommend Yellville if you are looking for something kind of nature and hippie-ish. They are near the buffalo river so there are lots of opportunities for hiking and floating the rivier.

If you want something a bit more urban, the Fayetteville area is great (and where I wish I was!). It is really beautiful over there.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#3 of 9 Old 04-13-2010, 09:19 PM

I hope it's okay if I piggyback on this thread since I was about to post something similar.
I am getting ready to move to Arkansas over the summer to attend UofA and need to figure out where to live, how to meet people, etc.
I am a single mama and pretty broke but have two school aged kids, one of whom will be in elementary and one in middle school. I would love to live somewhere rural but am afraid the schools would be sort of lackluster.
Does anyone have Fayettevill area insight? And would anyone be interested in meeting up this summer with a crunchy nerdy family who is new in town?
layne

“ it was her habit to build laughter out of inadequate materials....She seemed to know that if she swayed the family shook, and if she ever deeply wavered or despaired the family would fall.”
 -Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath (I frequently ask myself, 'what would Ma Joad do?')

#4 of 9 Old 05-10-2010, 03:41 AM

I know a lot about Fayetteville. If interested, PM me and tell me what you want to know and I'll answer what I can. I don't check back in this forum often enough to keep up with replies so PMing works better.

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
#5 of 9 Old 05-10-2010, 09:10 PM

Nettletea

I am going to PM you to! I will be "stay-cationing" in your area!
#6 of 9 Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 PM

Hey there potential Arkie mamma's.

I moved to north arkansas over 10 years ago and LOVE it here. I live east of Fayetteville in the mtns. Please feel free to PM if you have any questions. I too don't check in that often anymore (my how life takes off with a little one around) BUT I love this area and would gladly answer any questions you might have.

peace

Katie : mama to Cedar (1/08) lovin my DH
#7 of 9 Old 07-08-2010, 01:19 PM

The ozarks can be nice, but depending on how you want to raise your family I felt I should point out that some towns in the Ozarks can be pretty racist, Harrison comes to mind. So be careful where you choose if that bothers you.
#8 of 9 Old 08-17-2010, 03:41 PM

I'm also in the Fayetteville area! And I, like many others said, rarely check this area anymore so PM if you have any questions! Welcome to AR!

bf'ing, co-sleeping, ec'ing mama to the red headed wonder boy since 3-28-08.
#9 of 9 Old 08-28-2010, 03:25 PM

Hello,

I'm just checking back in after a few months and wonder if you're still considering this area or are you here?

peace, Katie

Katie : mama to Cedar (1/08) lovin my DH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page