Arkansas - things to do while visiting there in a day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2010, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are driving from NY to Texas and are passing through Arkansas tomorrow.

Originally we planned to visit the water park in Hot Springs but it seems like there is going to be rain.

What else is there to do with two kids (ages 3 and a half, and 22 months) in either Little Rock, Hot Springs, or somewhere around there? Anyone looking for a playdate with a preschooler and toddler?

kid's museums, art museums that are kid friendly,, science centers, etc. would work. or if there is an indoor water park where it wont matter if it is raining or not that would be rocking too.

Thank you!!!

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 06:10 PM

Hello and welcome to Arkansas! I just happened to take a peek at this forum and found your post. Little Rock is about 45 minutes from Hot Springs and we have the Clinton Library/Museum and there is a Museum of Discovery down the street from that. The river market is a fun place - you can ride the trolley for free downtown. Downtown by the way, is where the two museums are. Unfortunately, we don't have any indoor water parks but there is a big outdoor one if the weather holds up called Wild River Country. It is in North Little Rock which is just the other side of the river.

Let's see...I'll see what else comes to mind. I hope you enjoy your brief stay!

The sea monkey has my money.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 AM

I agree, check out the Clinton Library and the Museum of Discovery. Plenty of walking in the river market area to stretch out sore legs! Lots of neat places in the river market (and surrounding area) to eat as well, if you happen to pass by during lunch.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter

thanks mamas! i think the river market sounds grand as well as the museums mentioned. we will give those a shot as it looks like the weather wont be nice tomorrow.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

Old 06-16-2010, 02:15 AM

Sit and watch the mosquitoes fly by

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
Old 06-19-2010, 12:38 AM

what did you do???
Old 06-20-2010, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

we went to the museum of discovery. it was fun!

User Tag List