Mothering Forum banner

Spring Break in Mt. Ida, AR (west of Hot Springs)

719 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TanyaS 
#1 ·
We finally get to take a vacation this year for Spring Break week (March 13-18)! Yippee! I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it!!! Anyway, we are coming to the Mt. Ida area to rest and play.

Is anyone in the area? What would you suggest we do that's 11yo and 1.5yo friendly?

Is breastfeeding in public protected by AR law? (It is in TX, generally)

Is there anything bizarre weather-wise that we should plan for? The internet says that temps are around 62-64 during the day and 40-44 at night. How wet is it? Should we bring raincoats and boots?

Anyone in the area that would like to get together for a playdate?

Where are some nice playgrounds (exploring areas?)?

Any indoor playgrounds?

Thanks everyone!!!!

joy.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_of_1 View Post

We finally get to take a vacation this year for Spring Break week (March 13-18)! Yippee! I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it!!! Anyway, we are coming to the Mt. Ida area to rest and play.

Is anyone in the area? What would you suggest we do that's 11yo and 1.5yo friendly?

Not in the this part of AR, but you are close to Lake Ouachita. Lots of swimming, fishing, hiking in the area. You are not too far from Queen Wilhelmina state park (near Mena). Hot Springs is a short drive from Mt. Ida. It's worth going downtown to bathhouse row. One of the old bathhouses is the national park office and has been restored. Two of them offer spa services.

One of my must do trips this year is to the Crater of Diamonds state park in Murphreesboro (about 59 min from Mt. Ida). It's the only diamond mine in the US. What you find, you keep.

Is breastfeeding in public protected by AR law? (It is in TX, generally)

Yes, it is. Very proud to say we worked to get this passed in 2007 http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2007/R/Acts/Act680.pdf

Is there anything bizarre weather-wise that we should plan for? The internet says that temps are around 62-64 during the day and 40-44 at night. How wet is it? Should we bring raincoats and boots? A light jacket should be enough. It does rain regularly, but can be sporadic in the spring. The biggest weather concern is tornadoes. Check where you are staying to see how the local government handles tornado warnings.

Anyone in the area that would like to get together for a playdate?

Where are some nice playgrounds (exploring areas?)?

Any indoor playgrounds? Mt. Ida is pretty small. I'm not sure if anything is there as far as indoor playgrounds.

Thanks everyone!!!!

joy.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.