Applying for Unassisted Home Birth in AR? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-22-2011, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone have some tips on how to go about apply for a birth certificate here? 

I have most of the necessary items needed-

I have the "affidavit of home birth" form for unassisted births.  I'm assuming ANYONE can sign that- including my mother?  She'll be here for the birth caring for my other kids.

I need to get a Form Certificate of Live Birth.  Any idea on how to go about getting that?

The rest is pretty easy I think (maybe I'm over simplifying, but it seems simple enough)-

• Evidence of pregnancy- Have a "proof of pregnancy" sheet from local health clinic.
  • Evidence of mother's presence in state before and after birth- Can give a copy of my electric bill since it's in my name.
  • Camera dated photos immediately before or after birth- No problem
  • Credit or check purchases signed by mother from businesses in the state both before and after birth- Okay, I go to Wal-Mart all the time so I can just get bank statements for that.
  • State ID for me. 

Now what about the PROCESS?  I just gather these items and mail them in?  Do I attach it to the birth certificate application (like the form I would use to request a copy of my birth certificate) or would I need to actually go down to the Vital Statistics office in person? 

Anyone willign to give me some insight or a step-by-step of what all I need to do?

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#2 of 5 Old 07-25-2011, 07:23 AM

I just had to do all this last month. This is what I took in to the Vital records office and walked out with a birth certificate.

-copy of ID at 200%

-copy of ultrasound photo (for proof of pregnancy)

-dated picture of me days before birth

-utility bill in my name. I needed one for before and after the birth because I didn't have the credit or check purchases.

-affidavit of live birth

I took all of that along with the application for a birth certificate to vital records and had the birth cert in my hand less then 10 minutes later. I'm not sure where you are located but vital records office in Little Rock has a lady that deals with all the homebirth stuff. She is very helpful.

#3 of 5 Old 07-25-2011, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerusha070707 View Post

I just had to do all this last month. This is what I took in to the Vital records office and walked out with a birth certificate.

-copy of ID at 200%

-copy of ultrasound photo (for proof of pregnancy)

-dated picture of me days before birth

-utility bill in my name. I needed one for before and after the birth because I didn't have the credit or check purchases.

-affidavit of live birth

I took all of that along with the application for a birth certificate to vital records and had the birth cert in my hand less then 10 minutes later. I'm not sure where you are located but vital records office in Little Rock has a lady that deals with all the homebirth stuff. She is very helpful.

Where did you get the affidavit of live birth?

I'm in Russellville, so I was HOPING I wouldn't have to travel 2hrs away.  I'll call today or tomorrow and see if I can talk with someone there. 

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#4 of 5 Old 07-25-2011, 10:03 AM

I went into vital records and they gave me all the paper work I needed including the affidavit. I'm sure they could mail it to you. The lady I dealt with was Mary. I'm not sure of her last name.

#5 of 5 Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You should be able to mail copies of the documents in to Little Rock. I mailed mine in and had no problems. If they need more info, they will contact you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page