Looking for Midwife - Northcentral to northeast Arkansas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I found out we are 7 wks pregnant a wk ago. This will be our first child and it was a bit of a surprise. Unfortunately we live in a very rural area. The local hospital is not supportive of a natural birth and it makes me very uncomfortable. I would love to do a homebirth and possibly a water birth. Does anyone know of any midwives within my area? Most of the ones I find online are in western Arkansas, around Fayeteville. Also, does anyone know if this is something covered by Arkansas medicaid? Thank you so much for all of your answers in advance. :) 

#2 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 AM

Can you tell me specifically where you are (or send me a private message?)?  I'm in Mountain Home and there are several midwives in this area that will travel a bit, but the further east you are the less likely that will be.  Mtn. Home is pretty much dead center.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#3 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 10:53 AM

If you are way east, like near Jonesboro, you might check Memphis.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#4 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

I am in between Viola and Salem Arkansas. About 30-40 min east of Mountain Home. Thank you so much for your prompt response! Do you know if any of them are covered by medicaid?

#5 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 07:54 PM

I have no idea about Medicaid.  Belinda Tucker actually lives in MH and comes very recommended, although she couldn't see me because I was a VBAC.  She's probably worth a call.

My midwife was unlicensed (she was previously licensed) and drove to see me from Mtn. View.  She doesn't accept insurance, but she will negotiate her fee in trades.

If I was you, I'd call Belinda and check with her.  If she doesn't take Medicaid, I'd ask her for recommendations.  One thing I found while searching for a provider is that if one can't see you, they'll make a recommendation for you gladly.

Tags
Choosing A Midwife

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page