Worried - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to find out if they drug screen newborns in Mississippi? I've quit but still worried about it.
#2 of 3 Old 07-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)

How long have you had a drug problem and how far along were you when you quit?

Perhaps your local health department could provide answers about routine tests. 

#3 of 3 Old 07-02-2012, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't believe any state does mandatory drug testing, only when there's reason for concern, but I could be wrong. If you are birthing in hospital, I would ask them. Of course you don't want a red flag up but you could call anonymously, just *67 to block your number or whatever. If you are birthing at home or in a freestanding birth center then, no, there's no mandatory drug testing. If they had concern they would call CPS. If you are clean and stay clean, there will be no concern. Actually, midwives (particularly those out of hospital) are usually very understanding about these things - and rather than getting lectured or threatened, you are most likely to get compassion and understanding and help so you can continue staying clean (assuming it is an actual problem, as opposed to recreational). 

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page