Non-Vaccine Friendly Doctor/Pediatrician in NWA? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-22-2012, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I recently moved to the Bentonville, Arkansas area. We have a 2 year old and a newborn. Our first son, we didn't get vaccinated, and where we lived we didn't have any problems with our pediatrician. Now that we have moved, finding a doctor who is non-vaccine friendly for our newborn is a bit of a challenge. Any suggestions on a family doctor or a pediatrician? Thank you!

-Sara

#2 of 6 Old 07-31-2012, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Hi sarabeth,  I'm sorry I'm not from your area and not able to offer any advice, but I am bumping this up for more attention.  I hope one of the local parents can help out with some information.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 6 Old 08-05-2012, 06:24 PM

I really recommend joining the Natural Moms of Benton County group on facebook as well as the group called Birth Junkies of NWA. Both groups get this question a lot and these moms can offer you their experiences with many different doctors in the area. 

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#4 of 6 Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 AM

I am moving back to NWA from Austin, TX, and I'm in need of a delayed/selective vaccination-friendly doc as well. Can anyone recommend someone?

#5 of 6 Old 10-08-2012, 03:20 PM

We are brand new to NWA. We have a 12.5 month old, uncirc'd, mostly unvaxed son. I was wondering the same thing about finding a pediatrician. We went to Mercy Peds once and saw Dr. Jewell, who said he to be caught up immediatly. He has only had 2 vax his whole life, and she was pretty upset about that. So, needless to say, she is no longer our Ped.

#6 of 6 Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 PM

I am on the brink of a move to the Harrison, AR area and would love to know of a non-vax friendly ped (or, better yet, family doctor) myself. Anyone?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page