Who would you reccomend as an OBGYN for my prenatal care & delivery in Little Rock? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am currently 9 (almost 10 weeks pregnant) & ina desperate search for a OBGYN to assist me in all my prenatal care,including the delivering of my child in early April. I would like someone in the Little Rock area, who is experienced, intelligent, gentle, and great bedside manners. Bonus points for having a faith based establishment! This is my first child, so to say i havequestions & am nervousisa understatement. I have heard great things about Baptist Health, so I'm partial to being deliveredthere, however, up to suggestions. Any pediatrician suggestions are welcomed as well! Thank you for helping me locate the best possible physician in the area. (Don't want to be refereed to healthgrades.com: looking for personal expertise from other Moms)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-15-2012, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm bumping up your post. Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 7 Old 09-26-2012, 10:59 AM

I'd look into the doctors at the Cornerstone Clinic in Little Rock.  I think they deliver at Baptist and they are a faith based group.  My sister saw Dr. Garner for her OB care and he's out of Arkansas Women's Center.  She had a great delivery with him at Baptist (totally natural, he was really hands off and let her deliver however felt most comfortable for her) and I, as the "crazy" homebirthin' sister, was very pleased with how she was treated during the whole thing.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#4 of 7 Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 AM

I completely agree with going to Cornerstone! I am due with my son in 4 weeks, and have been using Cornerstone the entire pregnancy.  I have had both Dr. Simmons and now Dr. Singleton and they are great!

#5 of 7 Old 09-29-2012, 11:41 AM

Get a doula! I'm a little biased but BirthWorks in Little Rock would be a great resource for you!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#6 of 7 Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM

If you're looking for the most natural-friendly, hands-off obgyn in Central AR, I'd recommend Dr. Leticia Jones at Grace Clinic for Women. It's located in the vicinity of Baptist Hospital. She is, by far, the absolute best. She either is or was at one recent time on the AR Midwifery Board and she's amazing. If I were to deliver in a hospital again in the area, she'd be my doctor, hands down.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grace-Clinic-for-Women/160877453971251

I used to be a big proponent of Dr. Breniman, but since Dr. Jones has come on the scene, he is now below par in comparison! ;-) Still, overall, he's one of the best for natural hospital births.

http://cornerstoneclinicforwomen.com/physicians/breniman.php

Dr. Garner used to be my doctor and while he isn't a doc I'd recommend to someone wanting a natural childbirth, he isn't the bottom of the barrel by any means. But if you don't have a goal to go natural, he's a very good doctor.

I also highly recommend finding a local doula to assist you. Having used one in the past, as well as being certified myself, I can't express how invaluable they are during the birth process.

#7 of 7 Old 01-13-2013, 01:09 PM

Dr. Dicey Gay Lee is wonderful. She's very gentle and has a great attitude. She's at Baptist in Arkansas OBGYN Associates.

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page