Delay Vax friendly Doc in Rockford Area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2008, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know of a selective/delay vax friendly doctor in Rockford, IL? I've got two boys who I'd like to have a doctor, but they're almost 2 & 3 and we haven't started vaccines yet. And quite frankly, am not planning on starting for a while and when/if we do, it'll be very selective.

Thanks!

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 08:08 PM

http://www.familyfirstdocs.com/

She is in Genoa.....

DS1 March 2003DS2 Sept 2005,
and 3 , in our happy secular
Old 11-28-2008, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes, Dr. Federici at Family First is really great. Some people can't or don't want to drive, though.

We go to Dr. Ian Schermer with Rockford Health Physicians. He doesn't necessarily support or suggest non-vax, but he doesn't push it on us, either. He just makes sure we are informed and lets it go. We hardly ever visit the doc, but we really like him when we do.

Jennifer :, blessed wife to M since 4/00 and joyful mother of ds M 6/03, dd L 2/06 and ds O 3/10.
Now waiting on a surprise blessing: edd 4/23/15!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:05 PM

Dr. Federici is worth the drive. She takes care of me, delivered my baby and is my baby's pedi.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugroupie View Post
Yes, Dr. Federici at Family First is really great. Some people can't or don't want to drive, though.

We go to Dr. Ian Schermer with Rockford Health Physicians. He doesn't necessarily support or suggest non-vax, but he doesn't push it on us, either. He just makes sure we are informed and lets it go. We hardly ever visit the doc, but we really like him when we do.
We are switching from our ped to a family doctor and we have talked with both Dr. Federici, and Dr. Schermer. I have heard great things about both! Dh just started going to Dr. Schermer, so that is where we are going to go. Genoa is quite a drive for us, especially in the winter, and Dr. Schermer is right on Perryville near Woodmans.

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010
Old 12-06-2008, 04:25 AM

Hi everyone! My name is Lisa, and I haven't been on this board in a long time, it seems a little hard to navigate. But, I am totally a natural mama and into this natural med thing, so here's what I've found:

my dd will be 2 in Feb and I was determined not to do any vax with her, so I found a holistic GP in Beloit, WI (we live in Belvidere). I LOVED him because he had his feet in both worlds, but since he wasn't a ped, he wasn't as accessible as one. With this being my first child, it was kind of rough knowing when to call him and such.

well, Anna got strep pneumonia and had to have surgery (long story), and Dr Bouc did not have privileges in Rockford, so Dr Shah admitted her and over saw her care while she was at OSF. She was very kind and did not treat me harshly for not vaccinating. My original plan was to wait til she was 2, but now that that is approaching and the more I read, I am having anxiety over that too.

So...I decided to stay with Dr Shah. Later someone in my moms' group toldme that she is one of the few peds who will take a backseat and not push the vax relentlessly (whew!). We were going to get shots and then I cancelled the appt and at our last visit, she made me sign something saying I didn't want them. She is obviously pro-vax, but she's not being aggressive about it.

When I learned about Dr Federici, she sounded great too, but she keeps regular hours and isn't on call like Dr Shah. Plus, her hospital affiliation is Kish in Dekalb and that wouldn't work for us; I really like OSF and that's the closest for us in an emergency.

I know this is a long email, but I am REALLY in need of some holistic mama fellowship: all my mom friends are very traditional and I just can't stomach giving my dd vax.......looking forward to 'speaking' more with you! Help!! haha!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys! My second son has actually never seen a doctor. He was born at home, and we've never had the need to see a doctor. My first son was born via c-section, and went to a few well visits.. But, I'm starting to think that I'd like someone to go to as a "just in case" - instead of meeting someone new for the first time if the need ever arises.

And it's nice to see some mama's in my area!

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey mama's, this is off-topic, but I see that there is a need for some mama connections. If you are looking to connect to other like-minded parents, check out Holistic Moms Network. There is a fairly new chapter that meets in Rockford. Lots of really cool things going on with parent meetings, moms night out, play groups, food co-ops, etc. Go to www.holisticmomsnetwork.org and click on "Chapters".

Jennifer :, blessed wife to M since 4/00 and joyful mother of ds M 6/03, dd L 2/06 and ds O 3/10.
Now waiting on a surprise blessing: edd 4/23/15!

User Tag List