Swin lessons in or near Berwyn? - Mothering Forums
Missouri, Illinois, Iowa > Swin lessons in or near Berwyn?
rere's Avatar rere 01:12 AM 12-05-2008
Just wondering if anyone knows where my 4 yr old could take swim lessons.I know there is a YMCA in Berwyn but we're not members and I think the classes are kind of expensive but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help!

chandasz's Avatar chandasz 05:59 PM 12-05-2008
hi rere.
I think the classes at the Y are cheaper than others I've seen.

I think I'm going to sign my 4yo and my 2yo up for the winter classes....
purplelilacs's Avatar purplelilacs 07:44 PM 12-05-2008
The Y I checked out was ridiculously expensive for non-members. So we are going to swim lessons at our local high school; you might want to check and see if any near you have lesson programs. It is about $8 a session which is about what the park district was this summer.
rere's Avatar rere 09:40 PM 12-05-2008
Hi Chanda!

Thanks for the replies!I guess I'll make some calls.I was searching on line but didn't find much.
ritz1's Avatar ritz1 11:52 AM 12-07-2008
It's a little further away, but Healthtrack in Glen Ellyn has lessons and the prices are much cheaper than the Y, even for non-members. It's $66 for a six week session. Plus, the classes are held in the heated therapy pool....delicious on cold winter days!!
rere's Avatar rere 12:39 PM 12-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz1 View Post
It's a little further away, but Healthtrack in Glen Ellyn has lessons and the prices are much cheaper than the Y, even for non-members. It's $66 for a six week session. Plus, the classes are held in the heated therapy pool....delicious on cold winter days!!
Thanks for the tip!
mamimapster's Avatar mamimapster 08:27 PM 12-08-2008
Concordia University-very nice pool with college age teachers. They are right of of harlem in river forest, and my Shy DD loved the lessons there. They also have winter swim sessions.
rere's Avatar rere 08:34 PM 12-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamimapster View Post
Concordia University-very nice pool with college age teachers. They are right of of harlem in river forest, and my Shy DD loved the lessons there. They also have winter swim sessions.
Ooo that sounds great!

Thanks!
lucifugous's Avatar lucifugous 11:05 AM 12-14-2008
I don't have anything new to add, I live in Berwyn until I was eleven and I don't know what the pool was called that I had lessons at (it was outdoors & freestanding) but damn the water was COLD! Brrr! Concordia's pool is good.
Up