Mothering Forum banner

Pediatrician rec's in NW Chicago suburbs...?

817 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ChristyMarie 
#1 ·
I'm looking for pediatrician recommendations for the NW suburbs of Chicago. I live in west Elk Grove, practically Schaumburg, and see the new Midwest OB GYN and Midwifery practice (formerly Midwest Midwifery in Addison). I love these midwives (Therese, Janet, and Liz) and would love to find a pediatrician that I feel the same about.

I want someone who's breastfeeding-friendly (good for baby-led weaning, okay with extended night feedings, aware of the growth chart differences, etc.) as well as being open to a delayed vaccine schedule (we prefer to start at 4 months and separate as many as possible).

I'm aware of the Homefirst practice and also have been referred to Dr. Nadelman in Streamwood by Therese. Input on either of these or suggestions for other pediatricians is greatly appreciated! I'm due in March and will be tackling this task as soon as the holidays pass!

#2 ·
This may be far for you, but we use Dr. Elvove in Libertyville and love him. He used to be a homebirth doctor for many years, but now only delivers at Highland Park Hospital.

His entire office staff is great and they are very pro-bf, recommends against circing and very easy going about delayed or not vaccinating.

Our daughter just had her 3 month visit and we we're still undecided about vaxing her. Dr. Elvove was very cool about it, absolutely no pressure at all. While Dr. Elvove does recommend the HIB and DTAP vaccines, there are others that he doesn't really recommend or gives on a delayed schedule. If you do a search on his name on the boards, you'll probably find other recs for him and other pediatricians in the area. I believe there is a Dr. Minkus in Skokie as well who is great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.