Mothering Forum banner

Website Listing Daycare Violations?

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hammond 
#1 ·
Is there one for Illinois? Is there a website I can go to that would list if any day care centers have any violations of any kind?

I looked on the DCFS website, which appears to license DCPs, but I couldn't find anything.

#3 ·
Nope.
I'm hesitant to call anyone because I don't know exactly who I should call and what I should ask. I'm not up on the terminology, yk?

I'm looking for something like IL has recently instituted for nursing homes, where they rank them between 1-5 stars. The Tribune has just reported on that. Of course, a "star" system has a lot of flaws, but at least it would be standardized across the state and would give us a place to start.

#4 ·
You can write to DCFS under the Freedom of Information Act ("FOIA") and request a copy of all violations for a particular center. That is what I did. For Cook county back in 2002 this was the address, I would follow up though and make sure it is correct,

Quote:
Freedom of Information Office
DCFS
Suite 6
100 W Randolph
Chicago, IL 60601
Took about 2-4 weeks for a response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.