central IL homebirth??? Is there an underground midwife??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are looking at moving to a small town about an hour south of Springfield IL. My first two children were born at home. We are thinking about having more kids, but I cannot imagine planning a hospital birth after our wonderful homebirths. I can't find any info on a midwife in the area. Anyone have any leads?
#2 of 7 Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Good luck, there are no options out here I can help you with. I really want to start midwifery school but I need a preceptor.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#3 of 7 Old 04-06-2009, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

This is so sad, I didn't know how blessed I was that homebirth was an option with my first two (we had a DEM in Louisville KY and it was wonderful)

I see you have UC listed in your signature. Did you have all 4 of yours UC?
#4 of 7 Old 04-07-2009, 02:41 PM

If you'd said you were moving to a small town an hour NORTH of springfield, I'd have a lead for you. Up here we have a CNM that does homebirths, as well as at least one DEM. I don't know what geographic range either one covers, but if you pm me with your email address, I can pass some information on to you (email of the CNM, and email of a friend who just birthed with the DEM).

If it comes down to it, I know there's at least a Baby-Friendly Hospital in Springfield.

And I just birthed last week at the Baby Friendly Hospital here in Pekin - and with the labor support team I had, it was essentially a homebirth (my CNM had a homebirth for her youngest child).
#5 of 7 Old 04-07-2009, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Sally! I got an email from one lady that said she knew of a couple DEM's in the Illinois area that she thought might be able to help me or give me some leads. Its good to know there is a good hospital choice in Springfield too. I am jumping the boat a little bit in that we aren't expecting and we aren't 100% we are moving up there either. But there is a good chance we will move there this summer and I think there's a good chance we'll have a couple more kids too and so my momma instinct is kicking in and I need assurance that if we move here I can still have babies the way that seems best for us!
#6 of 7 Old 04-08-2009, 11:25 AM

Which hospital in Springfield is baby friendly? We are moving there next week. Thanks!
#7 of 7 Old 04-08-2009, 03:24 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page