Looking for preschool in the Naperville/Wheaton area - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 04-22-2009, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking for preschool recommendations in the north Naperville/Wheaton area. My daughter misses the traditional age cut-off for school registration by less than two months and will turn four at the end of October. I searched a bit last summer (our first in this area) and found one preschool that was willing to work with us on the age issue. In the end, we decided to just enroll her in some diverse classes, most of which were with me. Now I would like to get her into a preschool this autumn and am wondering if anyone can recommend any. I've visited Creme de la Creme, but the prices are really (really!) high.

Does anyone in the area have any suggestions?
Thanks!

married to my best friend since july of '93... mama to sage, who came when the pumpkins came in '05... and logan, who came with the hoar frost in january '10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-22-2009, 11:42 PM

Have you looked into the Hobson Cooperative? I have no idea about the age issue but a friend of mine sends her daughter here & loves it.

http://hobsonco-op.org/

It's on Hobson just north of 75th & west of Naper.

stephanie asl.gif

#3 of 5 Old 04-23-2009, 01:17 PM

my little guy is at Gary United Methodist Preschool in downtown Wheaton. We LOVE it. It's warm, loving, and age-appropriate. He'll be in the four year old class next year, which meets MWF. Cost is, I think, at about $1500 for the year for those 3 mornings a week.

#4 of 5 Old 04-25-2009, 12:08 AM

I don't know what your preschool philosophy is, but you might want to check out Four Winds Waldorf school in Warrenville - they have a few different preschool options for that age.
#5 of 5 Old 05-30-2009, 07:48 PM

My kids go to New Day Montessori in Naperville on 75th near Naper...It is a wonderful school and has a lot of land - goats roaming, orchard, vegetable garden (i volunteered and had the kids help me plant the seeds), large covered sand box...so much...pet rabbits, turtle...old house converted into a school...

Check it out at www.newdaymontessori.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page